Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bone in pork butt. $.99 a #. Good or bad?

Mik of AlaskaMik of Alaska Posts: 96
edited 7:25AM in EggHead Forum
I finally found some bone in pork butt at IGA today and wanted to make some pulled pork. Q#1 did I get the right kind of pork? Q#2 is 99 cents a lb. too much? Q#3 is guava wood good to make pulled pork or do I need something stronger. Q#4 when is someone else in Alaska gonna get one of these things. Q#5 does ash from Augustine volcano add or subtract from the flavor of food grilled on the BGE? Hope everyone is having a great time. Happy grillin'. Mik

Comments

• MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    NYE005.jpg
    <p />Mik of Alaska,[p]Q#1: Yes you got the right cut of pork for pulled pork.[p]Q#2: I paid 1.19 a lb for these two on sale. They are usually 1.99 a pound here.[p]Cant help with the rest. Enjoy it.[p]NYD007.jpg
  • Mik of Alaska,

you got the right cut and price is average for my area. I have never tried guava so I can not help from there. check out TNW site if you need help with the pork
  • Mik of Alaska,

you got the right cut and price is average for my area. I have never tried guava so I can not help from there. check out TNW site if you need help with the pork
  • Thanks for the info. I was hoping I got the stuff for pulled. I'm gonna give it a go next weekend. It's a Dr. Chicken ham this weekend. Great stuff Manord!! Happy grillin' Mik
  • MakoBBQ,
    Thanks for the info. Q#1: Where is here?? Q#2: Why didn't you send me some of that pulled pork?? That really looks good. I hope mine comes out close to yours. Happy grillin' Mik

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Mik of Alaska,[p]#1 It's the perfect cut for pulled pork (you will enjoy).
    #2 99 cents a pound is a very good price. I'd get a few!
    #3 As for wood, I really like the Guava wood and it should add a nice mild smoke flavor!
    #4 I hope you get a few eggheads up there soon!
    #5 Unsure, but maybe![p]Smokey

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,429
    Mik of Alaska,
    Sorry, volcano ash will not add any flavor although it will add some texture to the bark. Saw a picture of St. Augustine on the news, looks like she is angry. You might want to consider sacrificing some pulled pork and a six pack of local beer to the volcano god. Might be just the thing to stop her from exploding.
    Clay

• MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Mik of Alaska,
    Here is North Carolina!