Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When cooking two...

Options
Jake
Jake Posts: 92
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Boston Butts that each weigh approximately 3.00 - 3.37 LBS, would this be considered cooking for 12 hours or 6 hours? Considering roughly you say you cook for 2 hours a pound?

Comments

• Mik of Alaska
    Options
    jake,
    As I try to understand this whole thing I believe that it don't matter how many you got but size does matter. As far as I can figure the 6 hr thing should do it for one or five as long as they are the same size. Others will chime in and prove me wrong but this is what I got so far from this forum. I hope to get more info as I'm plannin' on a 17#er next week. Happy grillin' Mik
    P.S. You could go to www.thenakedwhiz.com and find out almost anything you need to know there.

• Wiggle Wart Willie
    Options
    jake,

MOA is right you have a 6-8 hour cook. I can never get mine done in 2 hours a pound. I will start two that are about 7.5 tomorrow to have them ready for football on sunday.

Shawn
  • Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    jake,
    As MIK said, it will be the same. Just leave a little breathing room between them if you can. Cook for the largest size. The smaller one will be fine, because it's really hard to overcook pulled pork. :)