Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Cook Team? Inquiring minds want to know.

Options

Got an email from Ace Hardware about demo cook coming up:

Big Green Egg in action!

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 8TH, 2014 TRI COUNTY ACE POWDERSVILLE 11032 ANDERSON ROAD PIEDMONT, SC 29673 - 10 AM - 3 PM Free food samples! The Big Green Egg cook team will be on site to demonstrate the egg and answer questions.

So, just curious, who is officially "The Big Green Egg Cook team"?--do they send a group from mothership out to do these sometimes?  Vidalia1--you handling this one by chance?

Guess I can call the store and ask if no one knows.

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    In Lexington, NC at Lanier True Value Hardware, it was a team of cooks from a culinary school (or some of them were at least).  Guess some of the folks could be from BGE.  Cannot remember the name of the college though.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Most times it is the district rep for bge who is there and a few locals who think they can cook
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • jd242k9
    Options
    I hope this will answer the question of who "The Big Green Egg Cooking Team" is. My name is Jeff Davis and we directly represent BGE in Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina as a distributor. Every weekend we have two cook teams that go out to our dealers and demo the best thing that has ever been invented, The Big Green Egg. Our cooking teams directly represent BGE and consist of numerous people including three of our salesman and a great group of people that travel all over with us doing this. We have a group that helps us from http://www.jwu.edu/ Johnson and Wales Culinary school and a great group of friends that I have personally. We show up with Mr. Egghead and cook everything from Peach cobbler, Boston Butts, chocolate chip cookies, stuffed mushrooms, crab cakes, stir fry, breads, chicken and a bunch of other things to show the diversity of the wonderful Egg. Our goal is not to show how great of a chef we are but to show the diversity of the Egg. We don't claim to be the best chefs just backyard chefs like everyone else. We just have one advantage, the Big Green Egg. We want everyone to know just how great the Big Green Egg is and do this all over just about every weekend throughout the year and have a ball doing it. If any of you were at Eggtoberfest in the past 4 years we have been the guys cooking right next to the retail store and saw what we do. So to answer the question yes we do represent BGE and the "mother ship" loves it. Just call Terry at the corporate retail store and ask him. Love ya Terry.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    No tri tip sushi? I'm out. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jd242k9
    Options
    Sorry no tri tip sushi
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @jd242k9‌ if you need some pointers just hit me up. :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My dealer did there own a few months back. I'm going to a ribs and chicken competition cooking class this Saturday for 4 hours. It's $75 a head, but well worth it. Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs BBQ is doing the class.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options

Jeff:

Thanks for the explanation of how it works.   I have cooked at Eggtoberfest last two years, and I have gone and helped cook at my local dealer (Pool and Spa Connection--Greenville SC).  I also have seen that others here (such as N. Ga. Eggers) go and cook at store cooks.  Was never sure how they are organized--sometimes not well advertised, etc.  But once at the local store here there was the egg truck and one fellow from Atlanta there (but not a cooking team).  You info is helpful.

I will try and stop by and say hello when your group is at the Powdersville Store soon.

Greg