Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a Pit Controller for a Large BGE

Anyone have a Pit Controller for sale?

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Don't forget the waterproof holder.

imageimage
    Seattle, WA
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009

Skinny..

I already got the "waterproof holder"...now I need a controller

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• SkinnyV
    $300 on the digi q was well spent
    Seattle, WA
  • bcsnave
    The Cyber Q is only $369..with fan....I think I am going to order 1

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave

anyone???

Buehler..??

Buelher????

FARIS??

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave
    bump

Glenbeulah, WI

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I like my PartyQ/Maverick combo... It is purring along right now with 4 butts on.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Bueller...: http://youtu.be/NP0mQeLWCCo

Love my Stoker!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bcsnave

Thanks TarHellmatt..

I was kinda' of looking for someone on the forum that was interested in selling theirs if they haven't used it for 364 days.

IF anyone has one they decided not to use and wants to sell it....hit me up.

Bill

Glenbeulah, WI

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Just replied to your PM.  Got 'em all, just give me a shout and I'll get you hooked up with whichever one you decide on.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Talk to @stlcharcoal - great service.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• bcsnave

Thanks guy's.

CenTex let me borrow his CyberQ (can't say enough good things about him)..thanks

Now I gotta get some type of controller.

Glenbeulah, WI

• You should buy a PitMaster IQ controller from @stlcharcoal ... you would not have any regrets. Awesome controller! Awesome fella to do business with! Good Luck.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • bcsnave
    I am talking to Johnathan tomorrow

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave
    edited October 2014

Just picked up a Big Green Egg brand ...DigiQ DX with fan & adaptor off Amazon for $210 BRAND NEW (used the $40 gift)

Can't wait gonna do some pork butt and ribs

Glenbeulah, WI

• All eggs come with two controllers, one on top and a little sliding gate on the bottom. They work just fine. Even overnight.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • SkinnyV
    edited October 2014
    Most who have the controller sing then praise, you will enjoy it.
    you can also cook on a weber , you don't "need" an egg.

Seattle, WA
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    So, why is the BGE brand cheaper than the guru? I thought it was the opposite.

Also, looking now, it appears that the guru probe reviews are just as bad as the maverick probes? Unreal.

Really contemplating just getting a ThermoWorks 8060 and not have remote monitoring.

Quality is important to me and i believe TW will in the long run be far cheaper since they use industrial probes and a more accurate reading product.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    bcsnave said:

Just picked up a Big Green Egg brand ...DigiQ DX with fan & adaptor off Amazon for $210 BRAND NEW (used the $40 gift)

Why did you decide to go with the DigiQ over the Pitmaster? I see it is at least $270 on Amazon right now.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bcsnave
    I like the adapter and fan set up...along with the aluminum housing on the Digiq....plus ...set it and forget it....go to amazon. They are $250 from island outdoor...then $40 off for the amazon credit card

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave
    bcsnave said:

Why did you decide to go with the DigiQ over the Pitmaster? I see it is at least $270 on Amazon right now.

@Ladeback69

Here is the link that shows the BGE DigiQ is $250..it's the cheapest I have seen and it has 2 day shipping....heck the apply for a Amazon Credit Card and get $40 instantly. ..once shipped I paid the card off and cancelled it.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Green-Egg-Guru-DigiQ/dp/B00A3BQ6EU/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A262TPPYXMWGNT 

I got this because I don't have a Maverick and I want to keep things as organized as possible without a bunch of wires from 2 devices. The housing is aluminum, the fan and connection to the grill is metal not plastic like some with hose barbs, all around a good solid pit controller. Not WIFI or anything else but all I need is a set it and forget it..

Glenbeulah, WI

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Make me an offer on my white Stoker with fan, adapter and grate probe.  Ready to go.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • bcsnave
    edited October 2014

Oooooohhh...I'll give ya' a dollar....gotta' be quick about it though

On a serious note....I just purchased the Big Green Egg labeled DigiQ DX through Amazon  gonna try it out this weekend

Glenbeulah, WI

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    bcsnave said:

bcsnave said:

@Ladeback69

Here is the link that shows the BGE DigiQ is $250..it's the cheapest I have seen and it has 2 day shipping....heck the apply for a Amazon Credit Card and get $40 instantly. ..once shipped I paid the card off and cancelled it.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Green-Egg-Guru-DigiQ/dp/B00A3BQ6EU/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A262TPPYXMWGNT 

I got this because I don't have a Maverick and I want to keep things as organized as possible without a bunch of wires from 2 devices. The housing is aluminum, the fan and connection to the grill is metal not plastic like some with hose barbs, all around a good solid pit controller. Not WIFI or anything else but all I need is a set it and forget it..

bcsnave said:

bcsnave said:

@Ladeback69

I was thinking of getting the Pitmaster IQ 120. It does the same thing, less wires and $50 cheeper, but now you have me rethinking about this. I would have to sell the wife on it.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.