Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disturbance In The Force?

13»

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING!!!

There is too much sarcasm around here.

Learn your internet typing edict people.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING!!!

There is too much sarcasm around here.

Learn your internet typing edict people.
    I'm not yelling, but pray tell, where can I read the internet typing edict.  I had no idea there was an official proclamation on internet typing.  Or maybe you meant to say etiquette?  :-S
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    WGAS
    WGAF
    2 terms I go by in life, don't like something don't click or let it bother you.
    Seattle, WA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited October 2014
    RRP gets trolled often and falls for it every time.  Not sure why or why but it does make me laugh.  I find him to be quite nice and always helpful.  Which is more than I can say for a lot of other members.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Bojangles‌ ... it comes and goes. It'll settle down soon...and I'll be bored. :((
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    henapple said:
    @Bojangles‌ ... it comes and goes. It'll settle down soon...and I'll be bored. :((
    And then you can stir it all up again! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Yeah where else can I take out a popcorn and eat while reading a forum?  :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    This used to be a much friendlier place.... That's it I'm outta here!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

RRP gets trolled often and falls for it every time.  Not sure why or why but it does make me laugh.  I find him to be quite nice and always helpful.  Which is more than I can say for a lot of other members.

Yeah, I've accepted that I'm a **** and I'm okay with that. ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    He generally sets himself up quite well for it. btw, he sells gaskets too if you didn't already get one from him.
  • It was described as "purse swinging"  last night and that's the funniest thing I've read here  since this forum started IMO. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Crimsongator
    Heath is good for a zinger every once in a while  :-)
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    edited October 2014
    Glad you got a kick out of it Smitty. Just call it like I see it. People will get bent out of shape over some of the silliest things. I may think that using a looftlighter to light the egg is the worst way to light it but you may love it. I'm not getting ready to have a internet keyboard dual over it. To each his own. With that being said, the bickering does prove to be entertaining most of the time. :)
  • Crimsongator
    So you aren't bringing the looftlighter next weekend?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Glad you got a kick out of it Smitty. Just call it like I see it. People will get bent out of shape over some of the silliest things. I may think that using a looftlighter to light the egg is the worst way to light it but you may love it. I'm not getting ready to have a internet keyboard dual over it. To each his own. With that being said, the bickering does prove to be entertaining most of the time. :)

The bickering is the best part of the Interwebs... Well, maybe #2.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    @Bojangles‌ what are you drinking now?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @rrp is too busy playing w/ his new time stick. :-)
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    I haven't been here a lot since I have been building a new website the past week but there will always be those who take things differently. It's difficult to take someone's 'tone' when you are reading text. Maybe it was meant to be a joke, maybe not.

Either way, its just life on the internet as usual. Take it with a grain of salt (lime, and a shot of tequila).
  • Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    edited October 2014
    Lit said:
    a hog's blood, bourbon, and big-green-kool-aid spritzer... with a fancy pink umbrella.

pinky out, of course.
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    What in tarnation is everyone whining about?   This forum is great because people can fight ignorantly about what they think is true, and some get aggressive about what they believe (perception is said to be reality, but is confounded by people too lazy to google, filter and fact check whatever they insist it true).  I love it.  Sadly, I'm almost always right (sorry henapple), but I'm not effective turning anyone towards the dark side of science and troof as much as alienating them as a geek.  Oh well.  As the infamous Edwin Edwards once said:  “The Chinese have a saying that if you sit by the river long enough, the dead body of your enemy will come floating down the river.”  It's all lolz and I love you guys.
  • What in tarnation is everyone whining about?   This forum is great because people can fight ignorantly about what they think is true, and some get aggressive about what they believe (perception is said to be reality, but is confounded by people too lazy to google, filter and fact check whatever they insist it true).  I love it.  Sadly, I'm almost always right (sorry henapple), but I'm not effective turning anyone towards the dark side of science and troof as much as alienating them as a geek.  Oh well.  As the infamous Edwin Edwards once said:  “The Chinese have a saying that if you sit by the river long enough, the dead body of your enemy will come floating down the river.”  It's all lolz and I love you guys.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Lit said:

@cLit....

Why you so aroused? Someone rub you the wrong way?

;))

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI