Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

425 Degree Turbo Ribs

Options
2»

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:

@Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Thank you brother. It's just fatigue. When the ROV's are in the water I have to stay until they come up. A average dive is 16 hours. It's about over though. Thank goodness.

Yeah I know you are ready. I'm happy for ya.

Little Rock, AR

• StillSmoken
    Options
    @SGH‌ good looking turbo ribs. I no longer use mustard. I tried both ways and couldn't tell the difference.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Looks good scottie
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:

@Eggcelsior‌ @DMW‌
    I think the term "Unit" offends some folks. Hence the BGE. No more vertical or offset cooks will be posted by me.

Frick that noise. If someone doesn't like it, they can move onto the next thread. ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    stop talking about units...:-)
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Impressive as usual @SGH
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Glad that you agree. I'm about ready to test fire Unit 7 if I can ever get a whole day off of work. Really would like to post it on this forum but a lot of folks as of late show hostility when I post one of the big Units. Have honestly been thinking of moving back to the BBQ Brethren forum just so the bickering would stop.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Bickering aint because of you so just post as you always do. If somebody has a problem, they can click on a different thread. The childish bullsh!t is ridiculous.

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If you don't post the test firing of Unit 7, then we will be out of sorts for sure. 

=((

Not only will it be acceptable, it will be fully expected.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bweekes
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Glad that you agree. I'm about ready to test fire Unit 7 if I can ever get a whole day off of work. Really would like to post it on this forum but a lot of folks as of late show hostility when I post one of the big Units. Have honestly been thinking of moving back to the BBQ Brethren forum just so the bickering would stop.
    Will never get any hostility from me! If the results are there, why does it matter how you cooked it? The fact is, certain BBQs cook certain things better than others! Heck, I'll probably be vilified for saying this but I churned out great ribs on my old weber smokey mountain before I owned my first egg! And you're also talking to a guy that actively uses a sous vide machine (mind you, I finish on the egg). But if SV is not off topic for this forum, I don't know what is! At the end of the day, we all love and appreciate our eggs. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • SGH
    Options
    Thanks fellows. Unit 7 test fire will be posted then.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bweekes
    Options
    Awesome - can't wait!
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Dillonjm
    Dillonjm Posts: 229
    Options
    Do your thing SGH! I look forward to your cooks, regardless of what you use to cook.
    Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA
  • StillSmoken
    Options
    I say fire unit 7 up! I'd like to see the pics.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    I like seeing the pics of all your cooks...   Screw the naysayers.
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @corb69 @StillSmoken‌ @Dillonjm‌ @bweekes‌ @fusionhq‌ @Biggreenpharmacist‌ @DMW‌- Thank you all for the very kind words. I will gladly post the test firing of Unit #7 as she comes online my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• gator_egger
    gator_egger Posts: 68
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Even I don't get agitated with your numerous posts from your other cookers.  They actually make my night.  You post a mediocre cook and all your cult members kiss your ass about how great you and your cook is.  I would be exhausted if I was stroked like you are so thanks for the laughs and cooks brother SGH.     =))
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    The Ribs look great, get some sleep and get back in the game.... :))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌- As always I thank you for the kind words brother Whitee. No sleep tonight my friend. ROV'S going in the water at 1:00am CST. Sometimes I just can't win for losing.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    bweekes said:
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Glad that you agree. I'm about ready to test fire Unit 7 if I can ever get a whole day off of work. Really would like to post it on this forum but a lot of folks as of late show hostility when I post one of the big Units. Have honestly been thinking of moving back to the BBQ Brethren forum just so the bickering would stop.
    Will never get any hostility from me! If the results are there, why does it matter how you cooked it? The fact is, certain BBQs cook certain things better than others! Heck, I'll probably be vilified for saying this but I churned out great ribs on my old weber smokey mountain before I owned my first egg! And you're also talking to a guy that actively uses a sous vide machine (mind you, I finish on the egg). But if SV is not off topic for this forum, I don't know what is! At the end of the day, we all love and appreciate our eggs. 

Well said my brother. And for the record, more people got started using a Weber than any other grill on the market. One thing about the Webers, they may not be fancy or flashy but they turn out some fine Q over and over for sure. Nothing wrong with using them my friend. Nothing at all. Quite a few big guns on the bbq circuit compete and win with WSM's to this very day. It tickles me to see a guy using a 400$ Weber take down a guy using a 8000$ Klose or Jambo. The truth is I like just about all cookers. They each serve a intended purpose. I may fire my Weber up this Sunday for some shrimp!!

Status- Standing by.

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    I used a weber kettle for more than two decades before getting an egg.  I could do a lot with it.  If I had understood that a turbo pulled pork could have been done on it, I'm not sure I would have bought an egg.  I really like the egg, but yesterday I was discussing BBQ/grilling with a co-worker and suggested that she start with a $100 weber kettle rather than a $500 egg. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Ragtop99‌
    Brother Rag there is no doubt that the egg is a more efficient cooker than the Weber. It's not even close. However the food that can be turned out on the Weber is as about as good as any. If money was a limiting factor, the Weber kettle would be my choice of cooker. I used one for years as my everyday cooker. I still have it in my arsenal to this day. The Weber kettle has brought more people into bbqing than all other cookers/grills combined. I agree with the advice that you gave your co-worker. Solid and sound advice for sure my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SGH said:

The bickering keeps this place alive. At least you seem to have thick enough skin to play. Keep posting. Now a question: well water? Do you just wet the pork and put on rub or?????
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options

Nice looking ribs.

I want to do two racks today. Never ran ribs that high, usually 300. May run a rack higher heat like that on my kettle/rotisserie and the other rack on my egg or offset.

Not to many cooks left for my offset. Won't use it when it gets real cold.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey
    Yes sir. I wet the ribs/butt down with well water then add my rub. Basically I'm just replacing your mustard method with well water. It works the very same my friend and it's free.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @smokeyj‌
    If you do run a rack at high temp, please let me know what you think of them.

Status- Standing by.

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    SGH said:
    @smokeyj‌ If you do run a rack at high temp, please let me know what you think of them.
    I will let you know. I will do that next weekend now. I had other things come up so I put the ribs on lower since I had to run out for a bit.