Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max, Dang You BGE!

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
edited October 2014 in EggHead Forum

I went to my local dealer this morning you know the one I paid retail for my XL 2 years ago to which I received 10% towards any extras, plate setter, blah blah blah, who I also enlighten about the Mini/Max 2 months ago (they had NO idea of the mini max) who today told me that the season was over here in Michigan and they would call me in the spring when they started getting inventory for 2015, I said I wanted to buy one now and he said he already knew that and if one came in he would give me a call. HEY BGE ARE YOU MONITOURING THIS SITE, I am a good customer and pretty much got told tuff sh-t/good luck they will call me if one happens to show up!  REALLY!

I would love a response,

Chuck King

cking2@wowway.com

www.chuckkingcomedy.com  

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'd find a new dealer if they don't want to take your money. Really? You're standing there cash in hand telling them to order one and they tell you the season is over? X(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    My dealer offered to buy back my small (bought earlier this year) if I decided I wanted a mini-max instead.  Get a new dealer.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• ChrisSonn23
    Options
    Yep you need a new dealer. We are a dealer and I cannot imagine turning anyone down that wanted to purchase an Egg. Season shmeason, BGEs have no season.
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    By the way, the season is just beginning in my opinion.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    The season never ends for egging no matter where u live
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Where in Michigan?
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Had a similar experience with my dealer in Portland, OR. She vaguely recalled knowing what it was, then said that any new model wouldn't be here until BBQ season. My fiorst negative experience with them. Kind of a drag.
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Dimondale, Michigan. Just south of Lansing
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Huh. My dealer got a call from his distribution wear house rep today and said they would be in the wear house around nov1 to ship to dealers after that. I will have mine before rhanksg I ving.

oh one more thing...my dealer called me to keep me updated.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    It's an hour or so away, try Herman's Boy, Rockford MI.
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    look around for different dealers as some stay busy in winter and others dont. here the pool guys that sell eggs are basically closed in the winter but the place that sells pellet and coal stoves is there come winter. im betting this is a common problem for us eggers in the north
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I suppose I don't get all the hate with dealers that may do this, echoing what @fishlessman said. Small dealers may not move much product in the winter and have to order in large amounts to justify shipping charges. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't even remember the name of my dealer. Went there once, picked up my egg and left. Haven't been back in the 5+ years since. Or to any other dealer.

Judging from what I saw, I doubt I could buy from him in the off season either. And there is definitely an off season. Except for the eggers here... both of us!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    oh one more thing...my dealer called me to keep me updated.
    If I was your Egg dealer I'd call you personally to keep you updated on every new Egg, Accessory, etc. too.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    My wife bought a lower cost version as a present for me, it takes a little longer to read the temp.

So I use what she bought, keeps her happy, saves me money.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Figures...it's the state up North.

Buckeyes Egg 365
    New Albany, Ohio