Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overabundance of chicken...

bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I checked out my frozen meat supply last night. My freezer is FULL of boneless skinless chicken! To be honest, I haven't really encountered a great recipe for b-s chicken although I've made many valiant attempts. Anybody out there have an easy, fool proof, always good recipe for boneless skinless chicken? I'd really like to make some room for more steak! :-)
Incidentally, which DID come first, the chicken or the BGE?
bd

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    bdavidson,[p]Being married to a health food and aerobics enthusiast, sometimes I feel that b/s chicken breasts are all we eat.
    Marinade for a couple of hours in Wishbone "Robusto" Italian Salad dressing, optionally, splash in some hot sauce or Jerk. Smoke at 250* using apple chips to an internal temp of 150*. Should take about an hour or so. Serve with your favorite Q sauce. Perfect every time.[p]As a party appetizer, cut up into pieces sized for handling with toothpicks or cocktail forks. Have several dipping sauces available.[p]K~G

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    bdavidson,
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are great to cook with. There is so much that you can do with them. I have posted at least two recipes. Use the Tandoori Marinade recipe or Thai Chicken Satay. SpiceCooks posted a Chicken Fajita recipe or you could just sprinkle the chicken with fresh limejuice and kosher salt and grill them direct. I usually cook them at 375-400 for about ten minutes per side.[p]Have fun; you can be very creative with boneless skinless breasts.[p]Happy Grilling
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    bdavidson,
    You could also just smoke them with nothing on them. This is great for alder or other more subtle smoke flavors. You will get a good taste of the true smoke flavor.[p]Any chicken recipe will work for boneless skinless breast you just make cook them different than the recipe suggests.[p]There are a lot of times that I will just grab a jar of dry spice mixtures and grill them right up. I have even on occasion injected them with marinade.[p]Some many ways to cook them, so little time.[p]RhumAndJerk

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    bdavidson,[p]We do chicken breast about every other day it seems. I have several ways to do them but all involve grilling with little to no smoke. I do them with Char-crust often but I'll assume you don't have any. You can cook them at 275-300 for 40-50 min and brush on a bbq sauce every 10 min - it builds up nicely if its a thick sauce.[p]Tim
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    bdavidson,[p]Brine them for 90 minutes (1/4 cup each salt & sugar to 1 quart water), rinse & pat dry, sprinkle on some dry rub (one without too much salt). I put them on the Egg at 170 and run it up gradually to 300 over the next half hour, with apple & pecan for smoke. They're done in 30-40 minutes; I flip partway through.[p]This makes a great sandwich: toasted crusty roll, lettuce, tomato, sweet onion, grainy mustard. [p]Cathy

• BD
    BD Posts: 87
    Tim M,
    I have all CC varieties, but recently ran out of Southwest Spicey...it's too good on pork chops!
    brad

• BD
    Cat,
    Thanks. I'll give this one a try tonight.

• BD
    RhumAndJerk,
    I've not yet tried any of the Asian recipes. Will do. Thanks.