Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max at Eggtoberfest

Options

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @cazzy I understand what you are saying andddon't think he mentioned to take it out one me personally but that was how I took it.

can everything I do on the meat monster be done on a egg. You bet. Just on a smaller scale.

@lit I did not want to come across as rude on that post but after re reading it i want to apologize to you as it did seam rude. Again I'm sorry.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yes they have been in development for awhile. Pretty sure we will see the mini max first. I have a Cyberq and its a pain dealing with all those wires running around. If they can figure it out it seems like a very nice upgrade. My thermometer wire broke on my cyberq like 2 years ago and I haven't missed it I don't see a real need for that especially since placement could give you wrong readings anyways. All this being said I will still probably pick up a mini max at eggin in the Mountain 2015 as a demo and see how it cooks. If it out cooks the Junior then you will see it on CL. Hopefully can get one around the $500 price point or less.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    edited October 2014
    Options

@clit

you ok? why you mad?

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Lit
    Options
    clit isn't mad. I'm happy I have spent half my work day posting on the forum and the sun is going to come out just in time for me to drive home and cook something. I have an hour left to figure out what I want it to be. Maybe just da tip rolls.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    See what happens when some douche bag starts a bad rumor?? :-\"
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    there were no plans for the minimax just 2 weeks before they announced it either
    :D but then again, maybe thats why it took so long
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    See what happens when some douche bag starts a bad rumor?? :-\"

When in doubt, call BGE and ask. that is my policy. You know what opinions are like......
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

The mini max was used by several cooks courtesy of BGE today and on display at Eggtoberfest. It is scheduled to ship (per BGE marketing) to dealers on 11/1. The MSRP listed in the retail tent today is $598 which includes the carrier (not entirely sure about platesetter). It is extremely nice and I can see getting one.

Wow! Talk about getting off track from the OP #-o Seemed like a promising and positive post on the Max which many of us are eager to purchase. We have a close est on MSRP, specs as far as physical footprint etc. And THEN the KJ talk comes out. I get it. Frustration etc. I also get that there other cooking vessels out there. I in the past owned several different types of said vessels. Opinions are just that (no need to get all huffy and get yer panties in a wad). Truth is I'm excited for the Max release. Emphatically the SBGE and Mini still have there place. I DO NOT see these going away (it's not logical as these sizes sell). That would be like saying the LG would disappear when the XL was released. Or the XL would disappear when the XXL was released. Don't see it happening. BGE makes an exceptional product, has a fair warranty that they stand behind and the community of eggheads is bar none.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Well said Blake. For the record, I am sorry for starting the rumor. It was just what a dealer told me and for all I know he could have thought it up all on his own! X_X :D
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Jeremiah‌ that has been the scuttlebutt for a while so I don't believe you started the rumor to begin with my friend :-). I think it's easy for people to assume that's what's going to happen and they just go with it. In the marketing sense it makes no logical or financial sense for Big Green Egg to do such a thing.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The mini max was used by several cooks courtesy of BGE today and on display at Eggtoberfest. It is scheduled to ship (per BGE marketing) to dealers on 11/1. The MSRP listed in the retail tent today is $598 which includes the carrier (not entirely sure about platesetter). It is extremely nice and I can see getting one.
    Wow! Talk about getting off track from the OP #-o Seemed like a promising and positive post on the Max which many of us are eager to purchase. We have a close est on MSRP, specs as far as physical footprint etc. And THEN the KJ talk comes out. I get it. Frustration etc. I also get that there other cooking vessels out there. I in the past owned several different types of said vessels. Opinions are just that (no need to get all huffy and get yer panties in a wad). Truth is I'm excited for the Max release. Emphatically the SBGE and Mini still have there place. I DO NOT see these going away (it's not logical as these sizes sell). That would be like saying the LG would disappear when the XL was released. Or the XL would disappear when the XXL was released. Don't see it happening. BGE makes an exceptional product, has a fair warranty that they stand behind and the community of eggheads is bar none.
    Take your sensible logic and get out of here Blaky.  We need chaos up in this joint.  This is how good threads die.   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    I'll say one thing, this group is very passionate!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    WHERE THE HELL IS STIKE WHEN YOU NEED HIM :bz
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Crimsongator
    Options
    tulocay said:
    I'll say one thing, this group is very passionate!

To quote national Treasure:

Ben Gates: We don't need someone crazy. But one step short of crazy, what do you get?

Riley Poole: Obsessed.

Ben Gates: Passionate.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Ok @cazzy‌ carry on with the hilarity :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Crimsongator
    Options
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I would never post something not cooked on an egg... :))

Hey, at least the pork was egged.

imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Whirly
    Whirly Posts: 30
    Options
    I think when the unicorn showed up, some people didn't know how to handle it. All that matters is that Egg has launched another great product that I will buy.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @Crimsongator‌ I love that movie. They need to make more movies for history geeks.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Titters?

It's from Circa 50s Betty Boop.
    Titters definition. give a short, half-suppressed laugh; giggle.
    "her stutter caused the children to titter"
    synonyms: giggle, snicker, twitter, tee-hee, chuckle, laugh, chortle

:-B in a sentence. This thread has given me the titters. Titters :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    DMW said:
    OK, I've been trying to stay out of this... but I can't.... :D

So I will pose two questions.

Seems to be the MSRP is $598. How many here have actually paid MSRP for their eggs?

There has been no actual discontinue of the Mini and/or Small. Why judge on a rumor?

That is all, carry on. :D

At this crappy dealer here in ABQ you pay MSRP for everything thats why i dont shop there. Hell a bag of BGE lump is $30

2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    At costco
    Lol, gotta question the logic and fairness of KJ selling their stuff at Costco and undermining their own dealers, but at least they didn't make up some story about a rogue distributor  ;)
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited October 2014
    Options
    odie91 said:
    At costco
    Lol, gotta question the logic and fairness of KJ selling their stuff at Costco and undermining their own dealers, but at least they didn't make up some story about a rogue distributor  ;)

The KJ Costco road shows are few and far between, maybe (and I'm only speculating) they are doing them in under served markets? After all, they very likely don't have a dealer network with the depth and width BGE does after many years in the market.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Lit
    Options
    They had a Costco roadshow right by me and they are manufactured like 30 minutes from here. There are stores all over to buy them. From what I hear they are expanding the roadshow next year.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Gogogordy said:

odie91 said:

At costco

The KJ Costco road shows are few and far between, maybe (and I'm only speculating) they are doing them in under served markets?

I actually think it's the most-served markets. All the current roadshows are in the Southeast. I presume they are doing it to saturate the market as much as possible and since Costco members have one of the highest median income of any retailer, is as good a spot as any to get people to separate from disposable income.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    just dropped by to see how the purse swinging was going.
  • Crimsongator
    edited October 2014
    Options

It's been pretty entertaining on a few threads @RollingEgg. I highly suggest the BGE folding grid post.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I can't believe I missed this thread. I got to get back on my meds and stay on them. When I'm sedated I take the the time to read every post. Most of the time more than once. But for what it's worth, good food is good food no matter what it's cooked on. There are some things that I feel are far more practical and convienant to cook on my egg. On the other hand there are things that I like to cook that just can not be cooked on the egg or are just more practical to be cooked on a larger smoker. I do get the point that this is a "egg forum" first and foremost. But that said my meat hooks has sparked a lot of interest. That would not have been demonstrated if I used just the egg. My point? When I joined the forum I was already a well established cook on offsets and verticals. I wanted to learn more about the egg. I can't help but to believe that there are eggers who want to learn and are interested in other cooking methods just as I was. I may be wrong on this but I also feel that most people are here to see quality food and great recipes no matter what it was cooked on. I personally enjoy seeing pizza cooked on the Blackstone ovens or whole hog on the meat monster or peoria cookers. Heck I have even posted a cook or two that wasn't cooked on the egg. No harm intended. Everyone is just trying to share their cooks and cooking methods. I for one welcome it and enjoy it. That said, I'm bringing Unit 1 online right now!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.