Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ouch--Bad ending for one Egg

2»

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    It hurts to see that. I feel bad for the owner. I am a handle puller and not a pusher. Thanks @RRP.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put that egg back together again!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Where is that "Big Green Egg Ambulance" when you need it?
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • The "owner" was bge. It happened while moving eggs from fest to pickup line. They moved the nest before I took the picture.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    So why did Humpty Dumpty "Have A Great Fall".........to make up for a lousy summer =))
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    No matter who's fault it was, it is a sad day as it lived such a short life.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    If my kid threatened to break my egg or a person or anything for that matter as a solution for being mad, grief would rain down hard and long.

He went to go outside to act like he was going to do push it over and I got up to get him and thought twice and got back in his chair.  He is just pushing my buttons to see what he can get away with.  He is finding out now that I can move again and isn't going to get a way with much.  He is good most of the time, but gets ornery in the evening when he is tired and hungry.   

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Searat
    Searat Posts: 80
    BGE CSI - You guys are killing me
    The green egg ambulance was actually there on site--would have been great for BGE if they pulled it over by the broken egg and turned the green lights lights on.  Too hot to pick up and load in ambulance though.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Meh, a tube of ScotchWeld will fix that right up.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

The green egg ambulance was actually there on site--would have been great for BGE if they pulled it over by the broken egg and turned the green lights lights on.  Too hot to pick up and load in ambulance though.
    there is a picture of it , on here somewhere.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    edited October 2014
    There's some spares there - dome, strap, hinge, daisy, handle, thermometer, probably a grill in there, as well as an unbroken fire plate, bottom vent...

Wish I was closer to Stone Mountain... good spares.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• TxAggie
    TxAggie Posts: 35
    I have been looking for a large top and band on CL for a while.  I had my bottom and internals crack and replaced under warranty last year but it is still usable; all I need is a dome and band.  Do they sell these for parts through a reseller?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Last year they had like cooks in training helping and one of their jobs was to wrangle up the eggs at the end. I watched one of them push over an egg in the gravel area where the BGE store was. It didn't break and they got it back vertical. Also saw a dome fall off at egging in the mountains but the band went with it and it landed on the hinge and didn't break. Think that was 2 years ago.
  • We actually witnessed this. We held a moment of silence...
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Yep, pull dont push.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.