Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We had a blast at Eggtoberfest!

You know you did something correct when you have a line all day long like we did yesterday. It had to be 50 deep for most of the day. Very, very cool. We cooked so hard yesterday than I am sore today. 

It was so much fun cooking with people on our team that drove from Massachusetts (20 hours), Missouri (12), Florida (7.5), Tennessee and Georgia. Wait, and I came from Texas. These were all folks we have met online through Instagram, Twitter, etc. Our cook would not have been possible without them and they worked their tails off. @BigGreenCraig and I owe each of you!

We went with a very ambitious cook considering our main dish\contest entry was sushi. But, we were willing to take the risk to do something a little more chefy. Our maple bacon cookies, corn dog brisket bites and spanish paella seemed to be well liked.

There were so many cool moments yesterday. Finally getting to cook with my brother from another mother, Craig Tabor. (BTW, let me tell you something. That guy is passionate about Egging and can cook his ass off.) Linkie leaving her demo area just to come try our food and take a pic. A lot of people getting to test Meat Church rubs. Meeting other Eggheads that used our rubs in their cooks was totally bada$$. Meeting new friends that brewed beer with our rub and drove from Florida to bring it was so friggin cool. And finally, being literally the last people to leave Eggtoberfest because we hung out and drank some cold pops and ate leftovers for hours in the parking lot. That is why the Egghead community is so d*mn awesome!

Be on the lookout for the BGE video. We can't wait for next year. Enjoy some pics....
Matt

XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

Comments

• trout1
    trout1 Posts: 104
    Thank you guys for all of your labor that you put into cooking that great food. It was fantastic.
  • Of course there were some glitches. Not being able to run a generator, rendering 6 rice cookers useless. We had to drop back and punt, but I think we pulled trough!imageimage
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks like a heck of a good time fellows. Glad that yall had a blast. Will be watching for the video. Very nice pics as well.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    @Big_Green_Craig .. very mice meeting you and thanks for taking time form your busy cooking schedule and posing for a picture and also talking to me. No doubt .. yours was the very first tent as soon as we entered the Chef's cooking area and the lines were also longest at your spot considering the mouth watering delicacies you were serving. Great job and well done!!!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • fljoemon said:

@Big_Green_Craig .. very mice meeting you and thanks for taking time form your busy cooking schedule and posing for a picture and also talking to me. No doubt .. yours was the very first tent as soon as we entered the Chef's cooking area and the lines were also longest at your spot considering the mouth watering delicacies you were serving. Great job and well done!!!

Thank.you for the kind words. We worked wide open all day without any down time. I'm eggcited that you enjoyed everything!