Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Is it Apple or BGE?

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Will all the issues most are having as of late, myself included, I'm curious as to what the problem actually is. Is it the IOS8.0.2. download? Is it something with the forum its self or a combination of both? I ask because the problems that I'm experiencing seem mostly limited to the BGE forum. Examples- Can't hardly load pics. Once the pics load I can't delete the small pic. The site just freezes and I have to close out. Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated my friends.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I have no issues whatsoever. I'm guessing it's on your end.
  • SGH
    Options
    Any thoughts on what it could be?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    I'm on Android so I don't know. Apple and Vanilla have not always played nice so perhaps someone else will chime in with issues.

One thing you could try is deleting cookies and reloading the site.
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    This website is powered by Vanilla, so it may be possible that a compatibility issue may be the cause if it hasn't been updated in a while. I have an Android with 4.4.2 (KitKat) loaded and find it difficult at times to do the same thing. Seems both iPhone and Android have the same problem with pics posting sideways too.
  • SGH
    Options
    Thanks fellows. Guess I will just ride it out.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    If I may ask. What are "cookies" and what do they do?

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    They are bits of information that sites store on your computer to allow them to communicate better(load faster) when you revist the site. They may also appear in your cache or temporary internet files. If there is faulty code, it can screw with your experience on that site.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    Well, they come in Chocolate Chip, Oreo, hahaha..

Seriously - A cookie is a small 'text' file that get stored on your within your browser that identifies certain things about you. For example, if you go to Amazon and search for 'grill accessories', that type of information gets stored in that cookie. So the next time you go back to Amazon, it will automatically display grill accessories items that you may be interested in.

In the end, it stores a bunch of info about you and what you do at a particular site. Sometimes it can get corrupt or out-dated so you need to delete them.
  • SGH
    Options
    Anyone know where cookies are in a iPhone so I can delete them?

Status- Standing by.

• Zarcon
    Options
    Not sure what kind of iPhone you have, and I assume you are using Safari - but it should be located in Settings >Look for Safari (tap it) > scroll down a little and you will see a link that you can click that says 'Clear History and Website Data'.

• SGH
    Options
    Got it. Thanks

Status- Standing by.

• Zarcon
    Options
  • SGH
    Options
    Just a test.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Same crap. Can't delete the little pic.

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I've used Apple OSX, various versions, (no iOS) and have always had difficulties posting pics here, I'm tempted to blame Vanilla (but I'll openly admit I'm a tech moron).  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    Options
    Test with Chrome.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Same crap with Chrome. Can't delete the little pic.

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Nothing posts like a Deere.   :D

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Zarcon
    Options
    Testing pic to see if I get a thumbnail on my android.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    I dont get a small pic but it does turn mine sideways.
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I try to delete the little pic, everything freezes or locks up and I have to close out and log back in. This all just started real recently.

Status- Standing by.

• Zarcon
    Options
    Hmm.. Well, unless you have recently updated to the new iOS and noticed then, it could be something with the site.
  • SGH
    Options
    It actually started a few days before the 8.2 down load. I down loaded the 8.2 in hopes of rectifying the situation. But no such luck.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Until it gets worked out, use your Photobucket acct.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Zarcon
    Options
    If you can get to a computer or use a different type of phone, you will be able to know if its your phone or the site.

I am using my PC right now and will post a pic to see what happens.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    Well, besides cutting it off, at least it posted it right side up.
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Brother I can't even remember how to get into my photobucket. No joke.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I give up. In going to cook something to relieve stress.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Oh I can't use "full site" any longer either. Mobile site only.

Status- Standing by.