Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm done with brisket

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    If you are done with it as you say, then give it to me. I will gladly properly dispose of it for you :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks good my brother!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    It looks good and done, love the burnt ends.
    =D>
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Candy!!!! Nice
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mrw123
    mrw123 Posts: 202
    I had a bunch of text that didn't get posted for some reason. Odd.

I figured out my butcher shop will sell just the point. I wasn't sure if smoking it off the flat would matter so I tried and it's been working out great.

The hard part is each piece of meat cooks SO differently. I put two points in and one is invariably done hours (2+) after the other.

The results have been so good and I SO MUCH prefer burnt ends over slices that I loaded up my freezer with points and I'm all for at least a little while.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    I agree with you in respect to the burnt ends! By far my favorite as well.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Well done
    Seattle, WA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Here's a vote for point slices.  Regardless, great looking cook and lucky to be able to get stand-alone points.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brisket has been my biggest challenge so far. The best I have done, which was dam good, was to slow cook a 15pounder on the egg at 200-225 using 4hickory chuncks with lots of lump for several hours. Enough time to get 170 internal temp, 12 hrs or so Then wrap tightly in several layers of foil and cook in conventional oven at 250 until internal temp is 200. Turn the oven off, leave the brisket in the oven and when the brisket falls to 160-180, then it,s time to eat. Allow at least 20 hours to do this. The rub doesn't really matter but add 1/2teaspoon of #1 pink salt to the rup you put on the brisket, cover the meat liberaly then wrap in Saran wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight. This will give it a hell of a smoke ring. All together this is a two day job. Also be expect to be called a heretic among other things for using foil and a conventional oven and pink salt.
    San Angelo, texas