Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our first pizza on the BGE!!!

Options
I'm still really new here even though we've had our Egg a couple of years; we've just recently finished our huge outdoor kitchen and are now really using our Egg. Tonight, we did pizzas for the first time and they are actually really good! Here's what I did... Store bought (HEB) ultra-thin pre-made crust ('cause I'm tired and lazy!) Brushed crust with olive oil Topped with red pizza sauce, veggies and spices, and cheese Cooked at 450-475 for 15-16 minutes (to make it really crispy) Used plate setter legs up, grate, cheapie pizza stone dusted with cornmeal All the posts I read on here said cook at 550-600 but I got freaked out as the temp started increasing and I could see flames out the top and sides of the plate setter, so we just cooked them lower. (The crust package said in oven at 425) They were fabulous and we are hooked!! Our next party will be a design-your-own-pizza party! (And as you can see, our hound Moosie thought it smelled really good too!!)

Comments

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nailed It!!!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Welcome. Nice lookin pie. Now give poor puppy a bite.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Great looking thin crust pizza....
  • RooCeleste
    Options
    bud812 said:
    Welcome. Nice lookin pie. Now give poor puppy a bite.

Believe me, she got her share!!!
  • RooCeleste
    Options
    I don't know where the rest of my response went....it was supposed to say, believe me she got her share and thanks for the compliments everyone! :-)
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Pizza looks great @RooCeleste‌. Are you planning on posting pictures of the huge outdoor kitchen? I glanced at your postings and it looks like you started it in 2011, but I didn't see any pics. I have dreams of having an outdoor kitchen one day.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice job on your first pizzas.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Nice pie.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Good job! I just purchased a stone and peeler so I will be joining you soon! Glad you shared with the puppy, before my old Lab Mix died she had appetite issues. This was solved by the BGE, she would eat anything off of it! Another reason I love the Egg!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • monte72
    monte72 Posts: 11
    Options

Pizzas are awesome on the egg! My first time doing them were ok but learned few things....not to put corn meal on the pizza stone because it burns and sticks to the pizza giving it a burnt taste. corn meal only on the peel so it slides off easily onto the pizza stone. We found fresh sliced tomatoes on top after the cook to be awesome!!! Havent tried pre made pies yet ...either way we love them on the bge.!!!

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Welcome aboard and nice looking pizza.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Welcome to the party....

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI