Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks, egg-forum, for being kinda cool and there when I need ya

Options
We traveled to San Antonio this week and I met my grandchild for the first time tonight!  I also met his grandparents on mom's side as we had them over for dinner at my mom's house. 

I brought a brisket that I forgot about (designated for brisket camp in NOLA) - has been in my manbearcave fridge for over a month, but was slightly frozen.  We cut off the flat and excised the fat from the point and ground it up with some applewood smoked bacon. 

All kind of logistics in motion here.....my two brothers live in town...mom didn't have a grill.  I told her to buy one and she bought an $8 grill from HEB.  I had 15 8oz burgers to cook.

Fast forward, leaf blower, matchlight came with the grill, used that to start some decent briquettes, etc... I did a fantastic cook with caveman tools.  In a pinch, my training from this forum paid off.

I'll post another thread about the cook, it was hilarious and delicious, but the main point is connecting with family.

I met my grandson, who was born under 3 weeks ago, his due date was less than a week ago.  Beautiful child.  I met other family from the other side from Seguin, TX and they're awesome people.  I can't express enough how much I like this family and how we connected.  We had 4 generations here and it was a blast. 

CAB brisket, ground with bacon, cooked on a tiny grill, and it was my b-day with family.  Good times. 

Comments