Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introducing "The Baller" - stay-cool intake vent mod

Options
2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Solson005: Thanks for the info. I like the idea of not having to pick up bottle caps off the floor!

I saw this magnetic bottle cap catcher on Amazon and wondered if that is what you had, but it sounds like you just fastened a magnet to the carten and it works. Is that a neodymium magnet? Are they rated in terms of strength or load capacity in any way?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    @Bullibe I have a piece that pops in for my large egg, but the adapter door for the small egg takes the place of the screen and main door. Since it is smaller it slides in rather than pops in like the one for the bigger eggs. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    @Bullibe I have a piece that pops in for my large egg, but the adapter door for the small egg takes the place of the screen and main door. Since it is smaller it slides in rather than pops in like the one for the bigger eggs. 

Oh I see, I didn't realize the small ash door was smaller.  Never mind :)
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • Solson005
    Options
    Yes that is very similar to the one I use. If you google "rare earth magnets" a couple of sites pull up that do give the strength ratings, I would get a pretty powerful one just so it can catch the first couple, once a few are on there they will slow down the caps and make it easier to add to them. Some of those bottle cap catcher say how many caps it can hold but they sell the magnets with holes for a screw / bolt so it would be cheaper to buy it from a magnet place. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Solson005
    Options
    @Bullibe no worries, it is quite a bit smaller and it easier to clean by taking everything out instead of using the ash tool like on my large egg. 
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    @Bullibe no worries, it is quite a bit smaller and it easier to clean by taking everything out instead of using the ash tool like on my large egg. 
    I think a small would compliment my med, I have been looking for a "deal" on one but I guess if I want one, I will just have to head over to my dealer and spring for it ! I keep saying it's the portability I am after !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Botch said:
    Real Men burn their fingers and have another beer.   :P
    Word.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Wait... @mickey is a Toyota dealer in GST too?

Yes. GM in Killeen. Who/where are you?

Dealer P of 23052 Gulfport MS.  Though I'm actually on record with our Hyundai store.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Bump...thought some of the new eggers here might like this.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I forgot about this one. It helps, and has held up without any problems.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    Options
    Pretty cool
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Cali, you're baller is straight balla.
  • henapple
    Options
    @Caliking has no street cred.

More like. . Sir, your self manufactured Big Green Egg vent handle is truly an outstanding invention.