Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Burgers !!! Amazing

Options

When it comes to grilling, burgers are an American classic. Nothing beats a 100% ground sirloin burger.Lately I have been searching for some healthier grilling alternatives that also bring in some exotic flavors. Then I ran across this recipe , and made some changes to accommodate grilling on the Big Green Egg  

Ingredients :

1 pound ground, all-white meat chicken ( you can use dark meat too, ask your grocer to grind up thighs for you ! )

• scallions (one large handful), chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1/4 cup pickled ginger ( You can also use ground ginger or grated ginger )
  • 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
  • 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce
  • Your choice of hamburger buns.

Preparation: 

• Combine meat, scallionsgarlicgrill seasoning and teriyaki sauce. Score and divide meat into 4 portions and form small patties.
  • Set  up your Big Green Egg for direct grilling at about 400- 425 degrees.
  • You only need to cook them for 2 minutes on each side as ground chicken cooks very quickly.
  • You will have a nice sear from the sugar in the teriyaki sauce !
  • Place burgers on buns, top each burger with your favorite cheese ( I used a blue cheese / cheddar combo) , a slice of cucumber, red onion and some lettuce then place the top half of bun on top.

Enjoy and Keep On Eggin’

Kurt

www.biggreenegglife.com

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bookmarked. We don't rarely do burgers, but this may make me egg them more often.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Kurt, THANK YOU!!! That sounds delicious! Doc has me on a lo sodium, lo sat fat diet so I eat a ton of boneless skinless chicken. Love the sound of this!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Options

Kurt, THANK YOU!!! That sounds delicious! Doc has me on a lo sodium, lo sat fat diet so I eat a ton of boneless skinless chicken. Love the sound of this!

Thanks Carolina Q. I'm trying to make more tasty healthy grilling recipes :).

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Quick question - why would the cucumber be seeded?  I assume this means the seeds are removed.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Options
    Yup. It's about not having the felling of seeds in your mouth. You can leave them in @QDude‌

www.biggreenegglife.com