Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First slow roast - 6 lb pork shoulder blade roast

Options
bearcat
bearcat Posts: 41
edited October 2014 in EggHead Forum
So I have had my medium for about a year - used it regularly for a variety of grilling, roasting, baking etc... Today I am trying my first ever slow roast. Wish me luck.

So far

I rinsed dried and put a dry rub on the roast last night. Made ciabatta dough for rolls.

Very early this morning started the egg - closed it down as soon as it got to 300.

Took the roast out and let it sit for an hour.

Added some wet wood chunks, platesetter upside down, drip pan, grate and pork.

Temp went way down - opened it up a bit.

So now how long should it take for the dome to get back up to speed.

Thanks!

ot kittens anyone?

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Once you have your temp stabilized you dont need to adjust the vents. It will come back to temp. If you start trying to adjust for every temp fluctuation you're gonna end up chasing your temp all day.

Little Rock, AR

• bearcat
    bearcat Posts: 41
    Options
    That came out good!!! Almost 10 hours. Served with fresh ciabbata rolls, cole slaw, tomato ginger chutney and a big slice of tomato.

Even my friend who grew up in bbq land approved. She also found a 10 pound stash of edible wild honey mushrooms about 20 feet from my house.