Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: best city

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - I'm 89.25, yep, and white as a ghost.  (computer programmer tan).
    Options
    I've seen your 80's atari shirt....definitely not a slave to fashion. \:D/
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    You are still whiter than I am.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I am so white I hate myself.  But I have a soft buttery center.
    Options
    I'm going to start calling you brother White hence forth.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I like that.  Capitalize the "Brother" part too. 

Brother White.

Yeah.

I'm dark inside.  Very dark. 
    Options
    My neck is a little red but I'm as white as a saltine cracker everywhere else.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    But I'm not old.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    Options
    How old is not old?  I'm turning fifty this week, but I still feel like I'm 15.  Unless I move.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ - I, for one, appreciate the scientific pragmatism.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shtgunal3
    Options

How old is not old?  I'm turning fifty this week, but I still feel like I'm 15.  Unless I move.

I'll be 39 in December but I act like I'm 15.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    And btw happy 5-0

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @caliking - thanks cali - you're an intelligent and outstanding human.  I would think that even if you did not appreciate the scientific pragmatism. ;)
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I feel your pain Brother White. I hurt all over and can't hardly move. Just a few years ago I was a heck of a man and tough as nails. I guess there is no beating Father Time. He ultimately beats even the very best. Hey I gave him a good fight though!!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    We drunkenly biked to and from the Gretna fest the last two nights.  10 years ago I wouldn't have noticed the next day, but I woke up today like the tin man sans oil.
    Domestic- I agree on NYC, lucky to have worked in the city for 6 years.  San Francisco is my second best.
    International- Florence, my all-time favorite, I've visited a half dozen times and can't wait to go back.  Lisbon a close second.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Thank you @SMITTYtheSMOKER‌ for gettimg the thread back on topic. Never been to NYC. Don't think I'm missing out on much, but I do want to see some of the country areas in the NE. Especially in the fall.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina‌, got to be the OBX!
    I love the Outer Banks, but I don't view that area as a "city".  It's more like a destination.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    There can only be one brother White! [-X

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    You make a valid point my friend!!

Status- Standing by.

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    For cities Boston, NYC and New Orleans are my favorites.... For places my current favorites are Aspen/Snowmass and the Cayman Islands.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    bostons not bad if im viewing it from offshore from my boat
    :)) i live 20 minutes from it and in the last 15 or so years i think ive been there once...to register my 4 wheeler
    :)) i like the airport in salt lake city as well, they have polygamy porter
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I tend to pick my best cities by their restaurants so...Chicago, New York, Atlanta, New Orleans.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    My fav's: Chicago, Boston, couple places in Florida.

Chicago for the food, Boston for the history, scenery and Universities, and Florida, well just because.
    Been to NYC, SF, LA, etc.  Just didn't enjoy any of them.  I enjoyed everything north of SF, but not the city itself. IDK.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options

"I enjoyed everything north of SF, but not the city itself. IDK."

This.

Although I am going there (for about the 10th time) for work later this month and I will (again) go with an open mind figuring that I'm just missing something.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I enjoyed San Francisco, but I didn't have much time. I wanted to tour Alcatraz, but I found out the hard way that you have to get tickets a week or so in advance or they would be sold out. 

We did however make it to Muir Woods and Napa Valley. That was a lot of fun. 

I also really enjoyed Boston. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    In terms of major cities, I probably like NYC, New Orleans and DC the best.  

If we're talking small/smaller cities, I'd put Charleston, SC, Asheville, NC, Portland, ME all rank highly.

I'll be making my first trips to Austin, TX (for work) and Nashville, TN (family vacation) this month, so if we were to do this exercise again later, they may show up as well.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options
    Acn said:

If we're talking small/smaller cities, I'd put Charleston, SC, Asheville, NC, Portland, ME all rank highly.

I'll be making my first trips to Austin, TX (for work) and Nashville, TN (family vacation) this month, so if we were to do this exercise again later, they may show up as well.
    i could drink all week in the old port, oh wait, i have
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Acn said:

i could drink all week in the old port, oh wait, i have
    :D

I went to college in Orono, I have done that many times myself. Orono is great, Portland isn't too far and when you were under-21 you could get to Montreal in around 4 hours, and in those days, take advantage of a very favorable exchange rate.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options
    @ Acn
    i used to stay on the beach in biddeford for a few weeks every summer and the old port side every weekend when i was there. kinda wonder what its like now, i drive that way to camp every weekend and theres always a drug stop with someone wiretied on the side of the highway and the white van with the guys wearing hazmat type suites going thru the car just about every trip north. i figure one of these days ill get stopped because im in the lawrence ma side of the drug trafficking all week long
    :)) i could easily retire in portland
    fukahwee maine