Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

European Meats in Toronto Closes

Options
I haven't been there often, but I have heard great things about European Meats.

End of a era, in Toronto.

Comments

• BigWader
    Options

Sad news.  They were always busy on Jutland but clearly the new owners aren't interested in retail.

I like that you could ask for whole pork butts or brisket in the back and they usually had it.  I also frequented their grill for lunch and will miss the prime rib Kaiser with horseradish mayo & onions

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• quixotique
    Options
    The Condo development in front of my building is designated "mixed use" and there will be barely any retail, even though it's a retail desert in my area.  What do people have against retail?  If only it was designated "Scrumptious Meat use".
  • Don_Piero
    Options
    Never cared for European Meats, have always preferred The Butcher Shoppe on Shorncliffe. 

European Meats, looks to be opening up under a different name.  They still answer the phone, but as Euri (could be Yurri) Meats - they mentioned the retail store will be ready in about 5 weeks.
    Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto and sometimes Pinellas Park, St.Petersburg, XL-BGE
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat!
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I've been there and it was always pretty good. BTW you guys get on the Eggers Everywhere thread.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Don_Piero
    Options
    Don_Piero said:
    European Meats, looks to be opening up under a different name.  They still answer the phone, but as Euri (could be Yurri) Meats - they mentioned the retail store will be ready in about 5 weeks.
    The business was sold to Erie Meats. Both buildings, the 18,000 sq.ft. retail store on Jutland and the 55,000 sq.ft. plant in Brampton are for sale. 

Here is the link to Erie Meats and their wholesale location 

http://www.europeanmeats.com/factory-outlet.php

Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto and sometimes Pinellas Park, St.Petersburg, XL-BGE