Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Soapstone

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all,[p]After seeing a post from fishlessman about griddles I went and ordered a couple. Any ideas what I can use these for? Isn't that a stupid question? [p]"Yes sir I'll take 6 of those thingies even though I don't know what they are. Yes that's right, I'm a dumb ass".[p]I can think of a few things right off the bat like fish or ABT's. Any other help would be appreciated.[p]Mick

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rind,Scallops,Pizza on the small egg if you got the 10" stone and fish.
    Larry

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    MickeyT,
    LMAOAROTF - that has got to be the funniest post in months!!! Furthermore why it tickles me so much is that could have been me posting the same thing - as I have toys that I just had to have but haven't used yet - so sign me DumbassII. Thanks for the chuckle!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    RRP,
    Me three! I probably should have a yard sale of "used once and never since" near-antiques tools and toys... except it's such a lovely apple peeler/corer/slicer...[p]Ken

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    MickeyT,
    i just seen a show for cooking lamb on rosemary skewers that i will try on the griddle, use the griddle for anything that contains grease or needs oil or butter. abt's, fish, enchiladas, hotdogs,etc. i also use it as a platesetter for indirect cooks as i dont own a platesetter, the stone will give you more room for larger cooks than a platesetter. recently used it for hearth baking over a pan on a raised grill for making breadbowls, the smaller stone gives you enough room to add water and flash it to steam when the bread is placed on the stone.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    fishlessman, Did you ever post that bread bowl recipe and method? I'd really like that info If you have the time.
    Thanks, Scott

• fishlessman
    Options
    3ecd831d.jpg
    <p />Borders,
    if you have bernard claytons book its called pain ordinaire careme. basically 6 cups breadflour or unbleached allpurpose, 2.5 cups of warm water. 2 tablespoons salt and 2 yeast packages. ill have to check the exact ingrediants tonight but i think that was it. mix half the flour with the water and yeast and using a mixer mix for 10 minutes, add the salt mixed with 2 tblsp of water and slowly add the flour until you get the dough consistancy pulling from the sides of the bowl. first rising 2 hours in bowl with syran wrap covering, kneead for 10 more minutes. second rising 1.5 hours under wax paper in a bowl, knead for about 5 minutes. allow to rise for a few more mitutes and form the bread bowl balls. allow to rise for about 1 more hour (i did this uncovered and allowed a slight crust to develope.
    set up with a raised grill with a 13 inch carbon steel pan on the second rack, then a raised grill to place a stone on. bring it up to 450, add about .5 cups of hot water to the pan and carefully place dough ball on stone, about 25-30 minutes. you want the pan hot before adding the water to get it to imediatly steam
    286fa7ca.jpg

fukahwee maine

• ccrider.disabled
    Options
    MickeyT,
    On the same line. I once had a lady come in my store, saw something on the wall and said "I sure need one of those. What is it?"

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    fishlessman, Thanks for taking the time. I'm working at learning bread, and was impressed that you didn't slit the bread and it didn't split.

• fishlessman
    Options
    100_0348.jpg
    <p />Borders,
    it should be 2 teaspoons of salt, not 2 tablespoons. im pretty new to this also, bernards book seems to make things easy. splitting wasnt my worry, it was walking around on the ice talking to new neighbors that was the problem. this one cooked for about 15 minutes too long, but still was good for a bread bowl. i dont believe it said to slice the top for a boule, but i do remember it said to slit it if making the long french bread

fukahwee maine