Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am a Packer fan

Options
GATABITES
GATABITES Posts: 1,260

Not the Green Bay Packers but Packer Brisket. I always enjoy the process from the selection of the meat, the prep and cook process. Last Saturday, I picked up this 16.5 lb CAB choice from RD. I trimmed about 2lbs of fat from the brisket. I seasoned her down with Kosher salt and pepper as a base and finished her off with a light coat of DP Cow lick. I like the pepper content of the rub. I set the egg to run at 250* as this was an overnight and I wanted plenty of smoke but didn't want to wait 20 hrs either. I put in in the cooker at 1:30am and pulled around 4:30 ish. I removed the point and wrapped the flat, allowing a little of the steam to cease before closing up and placing in the cooler. Cubed the point and made two pans of burnt ends. I never wrapped during the cook. I wanted a nice bark on this cook. 

This cook was fun and yielded a smokey tasty piee of beef was heaven. I used Rod Gray's (Pellet Envy) IPO barbecue sauce on the burnt ends and they were slamming. Ooowweee and goooowey and oh so tender. I want to cook brisket more often if jusy a pricey cook if you get a 14+ pounder. 

yap yap yap, on to the pics......
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Baltimore, MD

Comments