Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    @legume, All of us in Central Texas should gather one day at LA Barbecue or the Salt Lick or somewhere up in Austin, bring one rub and maybe some sauce and discuss over some carbonated, malt-based beverages.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea.  There are quite a few of us in Austin/Central Texas that have never met.  Talking Eggs over food and beverages is ALWAYS a great time!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    GQuiz said:

@legume, All of us in Central Texas should gather one day at LA Barbecue or the Salt Lick or somewhere up in Austin, bring one rub and maybe some sauce and discuss over some carbonated, malt-based beverages.

That sounds great. If you're a cool Texan.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Cool texan is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Little Rock, AR

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Cool texan is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

More ways than one.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Us Floridians could meet at a Sonny's - No Thanks.  Yuck!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    great idea @GQuiz, I'm in.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    @Eggobsessed I am in for this. Be great if on a weekend (Saturday) so we can travel from DFW.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I live in Texas now (13 years) and learned this pretty quickly after moving here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMhaehb5AnE
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Okay, Texans....let's make this happen!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    I am in.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You could make it a monthly "meeting" at one of many Central Texas BBQ rub stops.  A very long list that would keep y'all busy for many, many years
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Gotta love some Lyle Lovett. But seeing how I'm 4 exits south of the Snake Farm, I'm going the Ray Wylie Hubbard route. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cFtSPIF4Q

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ok so now I know why shipping to Canada is sooo expensive! Holy crap look how many places this package has stopped! It's not even there yet!!
    photo 99C1500E-D32A-46BB-AF7F-E39B190E30C7_zps4rocprld.png
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    @badinfluence Where did you get that briner?  It looks very handy.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @jcaspary got it from Turkey Tom products in PA there Web sight is the briner.com.
    Love those things as no ore trying to keep the meat from floating.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    really cool, btw url is thebriner.com
    canuckland
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    @Flynnbob I'm your elf, I forgot to leave a note!

@Thatgrimguy I know, I figured it out.  Thanks so muck for the package.  We love it !!
    Milton, GA.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    GeorgeS said:
    Ok so now I know why shipping to Canada is sooo expensive! Holy crap look how many places this package has stopped! It's not even there yet!!  (ridiculous tracking info truncated)
    'Fun' with cross border shipping both ways is the main reason I did not sign up for the exchange.  I also noticed you shipped by UPS, let's hope the recipient doesn't get hit with their notorious 'brokerage fees', sorry didn't mean to rub it in. 
    canuckland
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    @Canugghead‌ Already Sent him a PM and offered to cover any fees if he gets hit with them. I would recommend if we do this again we put something in the first couple of posts with advice on shipping across the boarders. I had no idea about those issues until after I shipped and folks started talking about it. It has cleared customs so we shall see what happens.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Isn't that awesome, though? Yes, there are problems with customs. Yes, we are very close neighbors. But do you all realize that egging is bridging COUNTRIES to make connections? I think that's really cool....just MHO.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Okay fellas, just trying to do a quick poll.  How many of you have not received your care package?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If I say I didn't get mine do I get another one? :D

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker