Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    Received my package today with no note. I believe it came from @Hotch‌ . All I can say is "awesome" brother man I truly appreciate it. Before the elf swap I was rub rich and sauce poor. It's like @hotch read my mind. I can't wait to try out all of the different salsas and dips. Of everything that I received I have only had one of them (Garland Jacks) before. I am sooo glad you sent the candied jalapeños, I have wanted to try them ever since someone posted about them awhile back. Once again man, Thanks a lot. You done great.imageimage

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy does look pretty damn young in that picture. It doesn't look anything like the one @SGH posted a couple weeks ago. I hope I age that well. (Too late!)
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    edited October 2014
    Options
    let me try to add that pic again
    Columbus IN
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Columbus IN
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options

In a word “Awesome”, that’s what I’ve got to say about the care package I received today from BGE123. Thanks Jason for all the stuff from the great state of Louisiana.  I’m looking forward to using the many different items you sent. The brews are already in the fridge for dinner tonight and I’m sure my wife will enjoy many cups from the bag of coffee. Also looking forward to making some red beans and rice and some sauté brussels sprouts with the creole mustard   My mind is just racing with ideas. Thanks again... P.S. My wife says thanks for the encouragement on her getting better. 

XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Received my package today with no note. I believe it came from @Hotch‌ . All I can say is "awesome" brother man I truly appreciate it. Before the elf swap I was rub rich and sauce poor. It's like @hotch read my mind. I can't wait to try out all of the different salsas and dips. Of everything that I received I have only had one of them (Garland Jacks) before. I am sooo glad you sent the candied jalapeños, I have wanted to try them ever since someone posted about them awhile back. Once again man, Thanks a lot. You done great.imageimage

@Shtgunal3 Wow, I am glad they made it with no errors. I do hope you and your family enjoy a little taste of Texas. I wanted to send some heat and some not so heat. You will enjoy the Stubbs Pecan.

Pepper Works make the most amazing stuff. Get the chips out and open up the raspberry chipotle, then let me know how it is. The queso blanco should be mild. Hell it is all good. 

I did forget the note and I apologize. I just wanted to hurry up and send out a little bit of the Great State of Texas for you guys.

Enjoy

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Hell I am young! Only 30.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@Flynnbob What a haul I received today.  My package included fun stuff from the hamburger press, great sauces, spices from GA (which I can't wait to try), Hot Sauce and even something for my cooking buddy Sherlock. We have never had the opportunity to try any Georgia or Carolina fare so this will all be a special treat for us.  The Garlic Butter I am sure my wife will use on everything.  Can't wait to try the Pork Candy and you are most welcome to come and eat ribs at my house anytime.  Thanks again!

Sherlock says thanks,

And the Bootie!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    That mateos salsa is great!
    Dunedin, FL
  • shtgunal3
    Options

@Shtgunal3Wow, I am glad they made it with no errors. I do hope you and your family enjoy a little taste of Texas. I wanted to send some heat and some not so heat. You will enjoy the Stubbs Pecan.

Pepper Works make the most amazing stuff. Get the chips out and open up the raspberry chipotle, then let me know how it is. The queso blanco should be mild. Hell it is all good. 

I did forget the note and I apologize. I just wanted to hurry up and send out a little bit of the Great State of Texas for you guys.

Enjoy

@Hotch‌ We'll probably try some of the salsa tomorrow night and will definitely let you know how it is. Thanks again buddy.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @abpgwolf‌ I finally made it home and tore into the wonderful package you sent me. Thank you so much for all the awesome goodies! I appreciate the letter, the article and the rub recipes! We are almost on the same egging path as I have had my egg about two years now as well. I also try to buy rubs that are low in salt so your article on making rubs will be a great read tonight. I also love ancho and chipotle so those will be very handy! Tomorrow morning that apple butter will definitely get cracked open. I have never had Chow Chow but am looking forward to trying that as well. Thank you so much form all your efforts!

@cazzy Thank you again for investing your time in this!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Just so we're clear. ...I hate all of you. :-t
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Awe we love you too @henapple‌ !
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    @OmahaOne I see that your elf @bge123  sent you some Jack Miller's sauce. You are gonna love that stuff. Jack Miller's is the favorite of all bbq sauces here in my family. It' really awesome. Especially if you like onions.
    Freaking great with chicken and the only sauce we use with pulled pork.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• OmahaOne
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    @OmahaOne I see that your elf @bge123  sent you some Jack Miller's sauce. You are gonna love that stuff. Jack Miller's is the favorite of all bbq sauces here in my family. It' really awesome. Especially if you like onions.
    Thanks for the tip. I've got a whole chicken just waiting to get Egged. How do you use it with the onions?
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    OmahaOne said:
    TigerTony said:
    Thanks for the tip. I've got a whole chicken just waiting to get Egged. How do you use it with the onions?

@OmahaOne, NO NO! That's not what I meant. What I mean is, that the Jack Miller's has onions in the sauce. You can really taste the onion flavor. It's really good!

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    yzzi said:
    That mateos salsa is great!

Best thing I have found at Costco- it's really amazing
    Greensboro, NC
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @Hibby‌ Many, many thanks brother! Received your package on time and perfect. Lots of mason jars is a great thing in a package from the Midwest. Rubs and sauces along with Jellies, jams, salsa and dips along w/ a sittin chicken, and maybe my and my family's favorite....a mason jar filled with an entire brownie mix. Very cool. Very unique. And very, very much appreciated.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @Hibby‌ Many, many thanks brother! Received your package on time and perfect. Lots of mason jars is a great thing in a package from the Midwest. Rubs and sauces along with Jellies, jams, salsa and dips along w/ a sittin chicken, and maybe my and my family's favorite....a mason jar filled with an entire brownie mix. Very cool. Very unique. And very, very much appreciated.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • thetrim
    Options
    Sorry couldn't get the pics to load earlier...

@Hibby‌ Many, many thanks brother! Received your package on time and perfect. Lots of mason jars is a great thing in a package from the Midwest. Rubs and sauces along with Jellies, jams, salsa and dips along w/ a sittin chicken, and maybe my and my family's favorite....a mason jar filled with an entire brownie mix. Very cool. Very unique. And very, very much appreciated. imageimageimage
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I received my incredible package from @SWVABeanCounter‌ today, and all I can say is you all want to be me. I'm exhausted tonight, so will wait to take pics tomorrow, but couldn't wait to say how thankful I am. Jim, you did a fantastic job picking things you knew I'd like. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for that and I can't wait to show them off tomorrow. I'm going to drift off (very soon) reading the literature you sent. I couldn't have asked for a better, more "me" package...and I can't wait to make everyone else jealous with my pics. :) Will post pics tomorrow...thank you once again. Expect that to keep coming. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I finally returned home from a heavy travel week to my gift package of Texas Rubs and sauces from CM23, thank you very much this is all stuff I have never tried and I love trying new stuff. Texas BBQ is my favorite by far as it is the only state I travel to where I seek out BBQ restaurants. I guess I am kind of spoiled with my own BBQ but always find it hard to replicate Texas BBQ. I am truly very satisfied with my load and look forward to trying everything. I am especially excited that I received some of Franklins sauce. I can't wait. Thank you CM23. @Cazzy thank you for setting it up, sorry about the Vikings tonight, not sure how they can dominate the Falcons last week and look so bad against the Slackers, I hate them.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    @thetrim‌ so glad you liked what you got. My personal favorite out of everything there is the blackberry-rhubarb w/Limoncello jam. I'm truly addicted to it. Enjoy in good health!
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • OmahaOne
    Options
    @TigerTony, LOL, Gotcha. I do love onions, so I'm sure I'll really like the Jack Miller's sauce. Thanks again. 
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    I received my incredible package from @SWVABeanCounter‌ today, and all I can say is you all want to be me. I'm exhausted tonight, so will wait to take pics tomorrow, but couldn't wait to say how thankful I am. Jim, you did a fantastic job picking things you knew I'd like. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for that and I can't wait to show them off tomorrow. I'm going to drift off (very soon) reading the literature you sent. I couldn't have asked for a better, more "me" package...and I can't wait to make everyone else jealous with my pics. :) Will post pics tomorrow...thank you once again. Expect that to keep coming. :)
    You're very welcome.  It was a lot of fun.  I just wish I had known about the Blues Hog before I sent your package.  Thanks for the kind words and enjoy everything.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    @GQuiz I just received my bonus package with TX Rib Candy, Apple Habanero can't wait to give it a try. Thanks again Gary!image
    Edina, MN

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Texas Rib Candy.... That sounds interesting.

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    @budgeezer, That's a decent sized bottle. I'm gonna have to order a bottle and cook up some St Louie's.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @thetrim - All I can say is WOW! Very cool package complete with recipes for a Cuban style meal! Can't wait to put this all together! Even came with refreshments! Everything in the box is new to me. Lots of great stuff to make wings too and we make a lot of them.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Sorry for all the exclamation points)

imageimage
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • thetrim
    Options
    @minniemoh, I'm glad everything made it and I'm sorry it took so long - I can now breath a sigh of relief.  Enjoy!  I know you'll put everything to good use!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95