Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza: Plate Setter vs Fire Bricks

StuartStuart Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've become pretty comfortable with making pizza on the egg. We have it almost every weekend, time permitting. I currently cook on firebricks in a Z arrangement topped by pizza stones. While I seem to have a handle on the overall bake, I regularly have hot spots on the bottom of my crust. I assume this is because of the firebricks. Either the ceramic mass of two ends of the brick meeting (corner of the Z) or the same corner channels heat to a dead end where it concentrates.[p]I'm beginning to wonder if a plate setter might help in this problem? Any pizza eggsperts want to relate some experience?[p]Thanks, Stuart

Comments