Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snail Photos!!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MrToadsLoin
<p />Finally got a bunch of photos back. I will post them as i get them scanned. Here are some shots I took on Christmas. Mr. Toad's Pork Loin ala baby egg. It was a hit. For those that haven't tried it, it is a great presentation, and as tasty as you can get!!
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]That is absolutely gorgeous![p]Of course, given your reputation, when I saw 'snail photos' I figured...[p]Cathy[p]PS Escargots a la Egg? Why not?
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I too was thinking you cooked snails - yuck!! Might as well eat worms too.[p]That picture is great - you could win the "BBQ picture of what I cooked" contest - if we had one. Even the bacon strips look good.[p]Tim
  • Cat,[p]You echoed my sentiments exactly. I was expecting a cast iron skillet full of the little devils swimming in lemongrass broth or some such concoction.[p]Regards,
    Jobu

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Cat,
    LMAO!! Didn't even think of that. Well, at least I got you to click!! Thanks for the compliment on the loin...I can thank Mr. Toad.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cat,
    Didn’t some of our Florida Eggers have that problem? [p]Here is the recipe for the Eggscargot that found:[p]1 dozen eggs shells
    2 dozen rubber bands
    Lots of Garlic
    Butter[p]Stuff each eggshell half with a rubber band. Wrap the stuffed shells in foil.[p]Rub the garlic on and butter on a piece of French bread. Wrap the bread in foil.
    Place the bread on the egg while it is heating up. Flip once.
    Heat the egg to 700. [p]Put Steak on grill and cooks usual. When the steak is done, place a pat of butter on each steak.[p]Slice the bread and serve with the steak.[p]Oh, I almost forgot the Eggscargot. Take the foil pouch and place in the indoor green receptacle.[p]Actually, there is a farm on the East Coast that grows some of the best snails in the world. I think 20/20 did an article on them once.[p]Eat More Beef,
    RhumAndJerk

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Tim M,
    Thanks! Actually I like snails. My wife's family cooks a very spicy snail soup that is excellent. Tomatoes, tons of spices, and lots of smails. Yum. Now y'all got me thinking![p]Snails in wine, butter, garlic in a cast iron skillet on the egg!![p]Have a 9.5 pound chunk-o-chest to go on this evening, and some ribs to go on soon. Below zero windchill is perfect egging weather!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]When it warms up here there are many snails under rocks and dead logs -- I'll send you some.[p]Just kidding. I am way to picky about food to try grasshoppers, ants, frogs,snake, rat, any type of bug or mollusks of the class Gastropoda (snails). [p]Tim
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cat,
    Well, Here is a snail farm. They even have a grow your own kit.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]

[ul][li]Snail Farm[/ul]
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I've eaten a lot worse things at survival school during Viet Nam. Besides, snails with a lot of butter and garlic and hot French bread are GREEEEEAAAAAATTTTT! I hadn't thought about doing them on the EGG. Well, there's the balmy Palmetto state weekend ahead.
    JimW

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p] Nice photos, I am still in my office & have not had dinner
    as of yet. Thank You so much, now I can't think of anything
    but pork.[p] Earl