Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Nice haul @sgh I like that stubbs sauce.

Little Rock, AR

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @travisstrick where'd you find the Pirate Johnny's Guava Girl?  They are a small sauce and rub company from my neck of the woods in Clearwater and Jon and Terri and good friends of mine, but I didn't know they were in TX.  Great stuff!  And Great set up for your elf.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I received my package today. Thank you unknown stranger! All new products to me except for the blues hog but I needed some. I am super happy. :)

imageimage

Options
    Glad you like it @SGH‌ - let me know if you need refills of anything you can't get locally. Sorry for the excessive packaging...too many years running a distribution business I guess!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Not from me @paqman‌, but that Plowboys rub is gooood.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    paqman said:
    I received my package today. Thank you unknown stranger! All new products to me except for the blues hog but I needed some. I am super happy. :)imageimage
    Awesome job @Tspud1
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice haul Grim!  Definitely try some of that Grippo's rub on some chicken wings.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @grim you look like a gameshow host.

Little Rock, AR

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @grim you look like a gameshow host.
    Nah, just a little old car dealer just the other side of Biloxi.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Got mine today pretty happy except for a broken bbq bottle damn fed ex.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    cazzy said:

Oh hellz yeah.......check out my gift box!!

I'm going to putting these to work over the weekend!

@DoctorMojo‌ Great job man!!
    I can't wait to try some of the "Harold's Hog Wash" He has been selling that stuff in my hometown for at least 4 years and like I told @stlcharcoal I thought it was a cleaning product for Harley Davidson Motorcycles but it looks pretty good and have heard rave reviews. Hope you enjoy it all and let us know if it would be better served as a Bike Wash.
    :)>-
    It's good stuff!!  I opened the bottle tonight for and poured it in some French bread stuffed with smoked beer cheese sausages.
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy, if you ask me that Cincinnati chili is an acquired taste that I haven't acquired yet. It is ok but like I said I just don't call it chili. It's just meat soup to me. Hope you enjoy. I agree this was a ton of fun.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Letz4wheel
    Options

This really seems like it worked out well. I think this might be a better time of year to do this. As the last one was Christmas and there seemed to be a little less participation with everybody running this way and that. Money for a lot of people seems to be at a premium around that time also. Good Job to all that put this together!

Southern Indiana
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Just got my notice of delivery. 10/7/2014
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy, if you ask me that Cincinnati chili is an acquired taste that I haven't acquired yet. It is ok but like I said I just don't call it chili. It's just meat soup to me. Hope you enjoy. I agree this was a ton of fun.
    This is a good use for the chili as well.  Especially during football season.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Good to know. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks @YEMTrey
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Got a load from Central Tx. without a note. Thanks to whoever sent it.
  • Blizz2307
    Options
    Thanks to @minniemoh for the awesome gift! The Bacon toothpicks and air freshner was a nice touch....can't wait to try the Brisket rub. Everything included is new to me. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it all.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2014
    Options
    beteez said:
    Great job @Legume‌
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    beteez said:
    Doh!  obviously forgot the note.  hope you enjoy it Scott.  several of those are house brands from HEB/Central Market that we always post about here, good stuff.  that green sauce can be like crack - you can put it on/in anything or just dip chips in it.  try it in eggs.
  • michigan_jason
    Options

Got my care package from Maryland! Thanks to you Aaron "ACN" from Pikesville! Everything looks great and I cannot wait to use it! Also thanks for the recipes for run and sauce!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌ ...what are you? A freshman in high school? You cook on your dad's egg? =P~
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Blizz2307 said:

Thanks to @minniemoh for the awesome gift! The Bacon toothpicks and air freshner was a nice touch....can't wait to try the Brisket rub. Everything included is new to me. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it all.

That plowboys yardbird is my favorite rub, period.

Little Rock, AR

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wife just sent me a text message saying my package (man I could have fun with that myself) has arrived! Woohoo!! Can't wait to get home from work!!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌ what no "duckface" :-/ :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    @yzzi‌ Thanks for the tastes of South Florida truly awesome gift with tons of stuff I've never tried. Box looked like USPS tried out for a soccer team but only a small crack in the lid of one of the sauces but otherwise truly awesome. The peach moonshine sauce is going to be really good on a pork loin I think. I think I'll get the wife to west the pin. LOL! Thanks again for the great stuff and @cazzy‌ for taking the time to put this together.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    @brisket_fanatic I don't know what they did to that box, haha. I didn't put fragile on the box as someone else mentioned before because I expect the workers to "push the red button." Apparently, that didn't work. Pirate Jonny's and Denis' is some pretty good stuff. Was it the fig balsamic glaze that broke? Sorry about how it arrived.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Got my care package from Maryland! Thanks to you Aaron "ACN" from Pikesville! Everything looks great and I cannot wait to use it! Also thanks for the recipes for run and sauce!

Glad that it got to you and everything was still in one piece! I hope you enjoy everything.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    yzzi said:

@brisket_fanatic I don't know what they did to that box, haha. I didn't put fragile on the box as someone else mentioned before because I expect the workers to "push the red button." Apparently, that didn't work. Pirate Jonny's and Denis' is some pretty good stuff. Was it the fig balsamic glaze that broke? Sorry about how it arrived.

@yzzi‌ Not your fault, it was the Dennis Sweetmolte sauce. Just a crack in the lid and leaked a teaspoon, nothing to worry about. Thanks again!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe