Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    henapple said:
    I still haven't received mine. :-S
    @SGH sent yours to Canada

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Mine is sitting at someone's door.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    To the top.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @Flynnbob I'm your elf, I forgot to leave a note!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options

To the elf that sent my package:

Thank You.

Please don't expect to see pics until this weekend.  USPS won't deliver packages to the house due to our dogs who have eaten a few boxes in the past.  I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up and that probably won't happen until Sat.  Work schedule and USPS hours don't jive.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Mailed mine out this morning. Postage cost almost as much as contents. Somebody out there is gonna be Kentucky Hillbilly egging soon !!!

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    UPS says mine is on a truck in Michigan to be delivered today.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SaturdayFatterday
    Options
    Sent out mine today as well.  Feel bad about the delay, but hopefully the contents (admittedly modest compared to the bounty I received from Travis) make up for it.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options

To the elf that sent my package:

Thank You.

Please don't expect to see pics until this weekend.  USPS won't deliver packages to the house due to our dogs who have eaten a few boxes in the past.  I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up and that probably won't happen until Sat.  Work schedule and USPS hours don't jive.

Enjoy your package!
    Please let me know if you have any questions :-)
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The package I sent was delivered today.  The forum member is on the road until Sunday, so hopefully he has something to look forward to.

18.5 pounds, and I sent it the cheapest way possible - cost $8.50 FedEx ground.  960 miles to destination and it took under 3 days.  I love our FedEx account.  (in case you're wondering, I did reimburse the company for shipping)....

Glad I didn't draw one of the Canuckistanians.....I KID! IKID!
    Options
    Nola got it today. Wife opened it and busted bottle damn fed ex anyways...lol thank you looking forward to trying it when i getvhome. Wife did send me pics. U tried to post them on the show off thread but weak signal where I'm at so will post tomorrow. Did you get yours today? Was sent uses and was supposed to arrive today. @nolaegghead‌
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @badinfluence - Sorry about the broken bottle, that sucks!  I probably should have used a larger box.  I did put each glass container in a bubble wrap bag made for shipping glass bottles. 

No, haven't received it yet, looking forward to it!
    Options
    GeorgeS said:

Mines all packed up, off to the post office tomorrow! Some lucky Canadian should enjoy the good. This was so much fun! Thanks again Cazzy!!!

I'm from Pennsylvania not Canada

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Will be headed to the post office at lunch to send mine off, but realized I have forgot a note and another item I wanted to put in there.... Dang it. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    abpgwolf said:
    Mines all packed up, off to the post office tomorrow! Some lucky Canadian should enjoy the good. This was so much fun! Thanks again Cazzy!!!
    Close enough.......  :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited October 2014
    Options
    abpgwolf said:
    Close enough.......  :)

@abpgwolf‌ That was my package headed out. Your inbound arrived at the house today and I am currently sitting in a boat load of traffic trying to get home and bust that open!! The guy I drew lives in Canada.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    The package I sent south has arrived in the good ol USA. Not at its final destination, but at least it's half way there.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Wow...looks so fun!  I guess I have to wait for the next round!
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I feel like a complete moron. I never even looked at this thread until @Cazzy posted the show off thread. 

When I saw the title of this thread, "2014 Egghead Rub & Sauce Exchange", I honestly thought it was just going to be a list of rubs and sauces that people liked. 

I had no idea that it was an actual "exchange". If it is ever done again I will be sure to participate. 

My loss! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    I feel like a complete moron. I never even looked at this thread until @Cazzy posted the show off thread. 

When I saw the title of this thread, "2014 Egghead Rub & Sauce Exchange", I honestly thought it was just going to be a list of rubs and sauces that people liked. 

I had no idea that it was an actual "exchange". If it is ever done again I will be sure to participate. 

My loss! 

You moron! :D

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options

My loss! 
    Just don't make that same mistake next time!
    Dunedin, FL
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

My loss! 
    I only gave like 19 reminders to look at this thread.  Wish I could have got you in.  My standby is also from Georgia, so that wouldn't be fun.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

My loss! 
    C'mon Johnny get in the game!  :((

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I saw the reminders, but I didn't click on them. I don't know what happened to me.  

I agree there is no sense in swapping with a neighbor. I will not miss it next time. Thanks for doing this! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm game for another swap if you don't care that its not anonymous. I'm sending a couple more folks some stuff anyway. If you are up for it @johnkitchens‌ text me next week and I'll get started on yours.

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    Options
    @PNWFoodie also told me she was down to exchange with an additional person too.
  • cazzy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    yzzi said:
    I'm game for another swap if you don't care that its not anonymous. I'm sending a couple more folks some stuff anyway. If you are up for it @johnkitchens‌ text me next week and I'll get started on yours.
    I think we got a regifter here. Someone send you fruit cakes?
    That's funny cause I totally regifted the box and packing material from my care package.  I was like why not, it's perfect!     :D
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm reusing some bubble wrap, but somebody will get my rubs/sauces when they pry it outa my cold dead fingers. I didn't realize we had so many local rubs/sauces in arkansas til this exchange. Now I wanna share them. Its been fun.

Little Rock, AR

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I'm amazed by the number of sauces and rubs I've never seen or heard of from Texas, where I live.  I can't be the only one with this experience, I've never tried some of what I bought because I found it new when shopping for this.

I'd love to see people report back once they start trying new stuff on what is good, great, unique, etc.