Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BUFFALO SHROOMS

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    @biggreencraig you cooking is par at best. Good luck.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    That's not what I was referring to. You're the one that said "ZERO online cooking".
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

You should spend some time with the North Georgia Eggers or any of the other groups that travel to Eggfests all over. You will find that they are supposed to be fun and not cut throat competition. I have had an absolute blast at the Eggfests I have been to (Porkopolis) because it is friendly and information sharing. I really wish I could go to Eggtoberfest but if very many folks are taking it half as serious as you, I'm glad I'm not. It won't be any fun or productive for the new Eggers and/or the prospective Egg buyers who will be there. The best part about the Eggfests I have been to is seeing the new folks coming into the club. Don't ruin it for them. Cook some good food and help them. Don't be a ****!

Or cook and don't talk. If craig would just post pics and stop the pig vomit, he would be well respected.

Ultimately I think it should be fun. I'd rather win the recipe contest in a laid back fashion than going about it this way. Everyone has a plan till they get hit. Those lines ain't no joke.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Well said. I've only been to Salado so I may be spoiled. It's a laid back party. No sales, no competition, no epic cooks, no ****, ...just hanging out with friends.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    Your wife must hate us.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Why would anybody In their right mind wanna be surrounded by DBs with a little man complex trying to tell you how awesome he is and how bad you suck? I'm with you on this @henapple‌ Salado sounds like my sort of crowd. There's no need to be a complete DB. Why not share tips etc and just chill and enjoy the experience. If you're good you don't need to say it as your cooks will show it as @cazzy‌ said (totally agree).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    If you're going to a fest to win something, you're doing it wrong. Try a BBQ competition. I'm with @Egghead_Daron‌.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    Brother Big, I have to give it to you. You turn out some phenomenal cooks. This one being no exception. Outstanding job =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• There has been zero respect extended to me, why would I return respect?! It's a forum of 5k people, but it's the same 10 people continually attacking my person. My "douchebag"ness is only extended towards these people. I have never criticised someone's cook. I have never belittled anyone. I have never berated anyone. These 10 people should do a little self reflection.
  • Eggcelsior
    Self-reflection? Pot meet kettle. You should probably read the forum rules about self-promotion.
  • henapple
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    edited October 2014
    What is going on up in here?  It's like that Cool song scene in West Side Story, or Michael Jackson's Bad video, except with BBQ.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    I tend to stay far away from internet drama, but: 

Dude, you brought this on yourself. Its a shame you dont see why this stuff continues. I have never met you so I dont know you personally. If I were to form an opinion form what you have posted (this post and some of the others) I can understand why others feel the need to disrespect you. Go back and read your post to start this thread and ask yourself, could you have written this same post without being ULTRA conceited? The answer, with out a doubt, would be yes. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    I believe true "buffalo sauce" is Frank's Hot Sauce mixed with melted butter.
    The ratio is up to you depending upon how much heat you want on your buffalo wings.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431

Hilarious!  I have been off the forum for awhile but I really enjoyed reading another Craig battle . . . Classic!  for some reason the combination of: Aggression with a sprinkling of "dont pick on me" is the best.     

B.T.W.  shrooms look good

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited October 2014
    !

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I will just leave this here:

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• henapple
    You forgot the fire wires and t-shirts. ...
  • Sound amazing!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    I will just leave this here:

wow, i must have missed that one. LOOOOLLLLL
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Train wreck bump. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Yep, quite the self promoting troll there.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    He's baaaaaaack!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited October 2014

Im reminded of a story that happened to me once on the golf course. I think I was about 13-14 years old and was playing with my brother and his 2 friends. To premise this story I will tell you that I can definitely hold my own on a golf course then, and to this day.

I started off the 9th hole with and errant tee shot left and ended up on the bad side of a tree line that divided the second fairway and the 9th fairway. There is a tree line separating the 2 fairways but closer to the 9th green there is s separation in the tree line. I took out an iron and fully anticipated to try and fade the ball through he opening and hopefully land close to the green. Well if I didn't hit the shot of a lifetime, (at that time of my life) and I put it a couple feet from the pin.

I marched down the fairway with my head held high and as proud as a peacock explaining to the group what I had to do to make that shot happen. This continued on the next hole and the next. My brother finally snapped and said something to me that I have never forgotten. He was never one to really offer advice and is usually quite self serving. Of course the berating and the emotional beatdown was long lasting ( seemed like it at the time) But his words that stuck to me were:

IF YOUR GOOD, PEOLE WILL TELL YOU YOUR GOOD, YOU WONT HAVE TO TELL THEM.

I have held those words in my personal life and professional since then. Words to live by.

• cazzy
    hondabbq said:

Im reminded of a story that happened to me once on the golf course. I think I was about 13-14 years old and was playing with my brother and his 2 friends. To premise this story I will tell you that I can definitely hold my own on a golf course then, and to this day.

I started off the 9th hole with and errant tee shot left and ended up on the bad side of a tree line that divided the second fairway and the 9th fairway. There is a tree line separating the 2 fairways but closer to the 9th green there is s separation in the tree line. I took out an iron and fully anticipated to try and fade the ball through he opening and hopefully land close to the green. Well if I didn't hit the shot of a lifetime, (at that time of my life) and I put it a couple feet from the pin.

I marched down the fairway with my head held high and as proud as a peacock explaining to the group what I had to do to make that shot happen. This continued on the next hole and the next. My brother finally snapped and said something to me that I have never forgotten. He was never one to really offer advice and is usually quite self serving. Of course the berating and the emotional beatdown was long lasting ( seemed like it at the time) But his words that stuck to me were:

I have held those words in my personal life and professional since then. Words to live by.

You brother is a very wise man! Good story, even though you did tell us you were good at golf. :P
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited October 2014
    cazzy said:

You brother is a very wise man! Good story, even though you did tell us you were good at golf. :P

Lol I thought of that too but in this context it works as I have never golfed with any of you, nor met any of you in person so there is no way for you to visually see how exceptional at golf I really am!!!!!! Sadly he is not a wise man, but I guess he has his moments of grandeur.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    What's worse in your opinion, 1) the straight up brag that seemingly backs it up, 2) the brag that has no game, or 3) the humblebrag that is always backing their way into bragging?
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Other **** aside, I like the shrooms and will try those out!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!