Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @travisstrick‌
    Brother Strick, if you will PM me your address sir. It will be my honor to hook you up with a case of Blues Hogs sauce. It's almost free down here brother Strick.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Geez, I can't wait to try this blues hogs with all the hype!
    Dunedin, FL
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @yzzi‌ that Tennessee Red is awesome on pulled pork.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    @smokinpig Thank you. Your generosity is incredible. Thank you for a guided tour through the Southeast. I'm itching to try it all out. And I get to be the first on this exchange to threaten to open up a can of Whoop-ass. SWMBO dug the write-up. I think she stole the salsa. Jeff, I can't say thanks enough. I think the FedEx guy got a hernia. So given what you put in the box, where would you start? What would the @smokinpig put on the Egg?

One final shout out on this thread of giving thanks, a special nod to @cazzy for organizing this. This is flippin' awesome. Thanks chef.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • GQuiz
    yzzi said:

Blues Hog Tennessee Red rocks. Can't get it in SA anymore. So I've switched to Franklin. Blues Hog is still the Bomb.

• What exactly do I need to do on elfster caz? And talk to me like I'm 4 years old ,please, so I'll understand.

Little Rock, AR

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    No problem Gary. hope you enjoy it. If it were me I would smoke a butt and use the scotts sauce after you pull it. Or maybe I would go with wings tossed in some fox brothers sauce. Either way it will not be a bad choice. Have fun with it.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    edited October 2014

What exactly do I need to do on elfster caz? And talk to me like I'm 4 years old ,please, so I'll understand.

=))

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    edited October 2014
    Did I say that you guys are killing me yet?  You guys are killing me.

All joking aside, I was telling @cazzy that what's cool about this is getting a small window into just all of the stuff that is out there.  The regional aspect of the rubs and sauces is very cool.  I'm looking forward to participating next time just so I have an excuse to do some exploring of local venues in NC.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GQuiz
    Do you realize how much egging we have to do to use all this stuff? The generosity is off the chart. I love being an Egghead.

• GQuiz said:
    Do you realize how much egging we have to do to use all this stuff? The generosity is off the chart. I love being an Egghead.

No kidding. I received more in this exchange than I have bought myself in the last year.

LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Mickey said:
    cazzy said:
    Folks, lets please keep this thread for showing off items. For shipping posts or just general exchange banter, please use the main exchange thread. Thanks!!
    Sorry, my bad.....
    Any dig at @travisstrick is acceptable in any thread sir!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    GQuiz said:
    Blues Hog Tennessee Red rocks. Can't get it in SA anymore. So I've switched to Franklin. Blues Hog is still the Bomb.

Admittedly, I am geographically challenged, but just where is SA? :-/
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    esse is in Tejas

Remember the Alamo.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Where you from esse?
    Dunedin, FL
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    @PNWFoodie SAN ANTONIO some time you just have to say the words,,,
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    This show-off thread is great.  I'm partly disappointed that I couldn't take part, and partially glad I didn't because I would not have been able to find such a variety to purchase and am impressed how over the top everyone seemed to go on the suggested "$25" minimum.

Nice work, folks!  What a nice community.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • GQuiz
    PNWFoodie said:
    GQuiz said:

Sorry @PNWFoodie‌. SA is home of THE world champion San Antonio Spurs.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    PNWFoodie said:
    TTC said:

Blown away by the package I received today. There are just no words. Rubs I've never heard of + rubs I've wanted to try + rubs from chefs (Tom Douglas) I've respected for years.

Not to mention smoked salmon (which I adore) and a star wars pizza cutter (since I clearly love my pizza and I am a star wars nerd)

There was not a note, but if I had to guess I owe @PNWfoodie a huge thank you? Whoever you are you are awesome.

Guilty as charged! :) Sorry about no note...I realized afterwards. I tried to focus on highlighting the PNW, but there were just some other neat things I wanted to show off from other places I've been. Hope you enjoy!
    I've seen the 'Rub with Love' at a grocery store in my area - haven't tried them yet, but might now!  @pnwfoodie - any stand out as better than others?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Acn said:

PNWFoodie said:

TTC said:

Blown away by the package I received today. There are just no words. Rubs I've never heard of + rubs I've wanted to try + rubs from chefs (Tom Douglas) I've respected for years.

Not to mention smoked salmon (which I adore) and a star wars pizza cutter (since I clearly love my pizza and I am a star wars nerd)

There was not a note, but if I had to guess I owe @PNWfoodie a huge thank you? Whoever you are you are awesome.

Guilty as charged! :) Sorry about no note...I realized afterwards. I tried to focus on highlighting the PNW, but there were just some other neat things I wanted to show off from other places I've been. Hope you enjoy!

I've seen the 'Rub with Love' at a grocery store in my area - haven't tried them yet, but might now!  @pnwfoodie - any stand out as better than others?

I received some last year, the african peri peri is awesome!

Oh hellz yeah.......check out my gift box!!

I'm going to putting these to work over the weekend!

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

@DoctorMojo‌ Great job man!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy said:

@DoctorMojo‌ Great job man!!
    I can't wait to try some of the "Harold's Hog Wash" He has been selling that stuff in my hometown for at least 4 years and like I told @stlcharcoal I thought it was a cleaning product for Harley Davidson Motorcycles but it looks pretty good and have heard rave reviews. Hope you enjoy it all and let us know if it would be better served as a Bike Wash.
    :)>-

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• Lucky me, I got @travisstrick, who sent me a bunch of great Texas goodness!  I'm really looking forward to the sauces, rubs, and especially the delicious-looking jalapenos!  Thanks, Travis!  You really went all-out!

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Those jalapeños would be good on a dog's turd...kinda like @SGH‌ cooking. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    henapple said:
    Those jalapeños would be good on a dog's turd...kinda like @SGH‌ cooking. :D
    @henapple We talk'n pure bred or mix?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Either...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    @CPARKTX‌
    First let me say thank you brother Park. I absolutely love my kind and generous gift that you sent my friend. My wife sends you a special thank you as well sir. I hope that I can return the favor someday. If you ever find yourself wandering or roaming just this side of Biloxi Ms, be sure to pull in and allow me to treat you to some of the finest rib steaks that money can buy to repay you for your kindness and generosity my friend. Again from myself and the entire Horton family, we thank you my brother. For the record-You did a incredible job on the packing my friend.

imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited October 2014
    @CPARKTX‌
    Brother I use sea salt by the tons. I truly appreciate this my friend. The big "splitting" knife is for a size reference.

Status- Standing by.