Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I wanted to thank my elf @GQuiz for my awesome taste of Texas package. I have always wanted to try the Franklin sauce. I also just noticed I was running low on rubs so these will come in handy. I can't wait to give them a try. The spicy ketchup is right up my ally!
    Edina, MN

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    @Budgeezer‌ There is one more part to the package. I judged BBQ for the San Antonio Rodeo BBQ Cookoff (254 teams) this weekend. I came across Rib Candy. There's a bottle of Apple Habanero coming your way. I had ribs this weekend that made the clouds part. Top 3 in ribs all used a variation of it. Hope you enjoy the taste of Texas. THe Chupacabra is my favorite.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Budgeezer
    Options
    @GQuiz that sounds awesome! Thanks again.
    Edina, MN

• GQuiz
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    @GQuiz that sounds awesome! Thanks again.

If any of the rubs hit a home run, let me know and I can replenish later. Get your Egging in before it snows next week.

• GATraveller
    Options
    @Budgeezer - I just had a friend from San Antonio give me some Uncle Chris Steak Seasoning.  It is awesome!!!  Works on anything.  Enjoy.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    ... Hope you enjoy the taste of Texas. THe Chupacabra is my favorite.
    I want to buy that stuff for the name alone!
    And it's good also?  Bonus!
    Can you post a close-up picture so I can see about mail ordering it?
    LBGE/Maryland
  • GQuiz
    Options
    We're getting our first taste of fall on Saturday... low of 56.

• fljoemon
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Can you post a close-up picture so I can see about mail ordering it?
    http://www.2gringossalsa.com/store.html

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    @OmahaOne‌ I just received my package and was truly floored by what was inside my care package. Between the all the rubs and sauces I'm going
    to be one happy Egger' for a good time to come. There was way more than was necessary but it is greatly appreciated. I only wish I was able to help my Elfster and much as I was given. Will definitely save up for the next one now that I know what to expect. Thanks again Doug!!!!imageimage
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Got a great box of stuff from @Blizz2307‌ today. I'm really looking forward to trying out a bunch of new stuff. Thanks again Matt!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• apfroggy0408
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    I wanted to thank my elf @GQuiz for my awesome taste of Texas package. I have always wanted to try the Franklin sauce. I also just noticed I was running low on rubs so these will come in handy. I can't wait to give them a try. The spicy ketchup is right up my ally!
    Omg whataburger spicy ketchup!! miss that stuff so much lol.

I'm glad I didn't join this years as I would have greatly let down someone compared to what everyone is getting.
    A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

Blown away by the package I received today. There are just no words. Rubs I've never heard of + rubs I've wanted to try + rubs from chefs (Tom Douglas) I've respected for years.

Not to mention smoked salmon (which I adore) and a star wars pizza cutter (since I clearly love my pizza and I am a star wars nerd)

There was not a note, but if I had to guess I owe @PNWfoodie a huge thank you? Whoever you are you are awesome.

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Someone sent me this.  I can't disclose names.
    Yep, sounds like Travis.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Folks, lets please keep this thread for showing off items. For shipping posts or just general exchange banter, please use the main exchange thread. Thanks!!
    Sorry, my bad.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• OmahaOne
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    @OmahaOne‌ I just received my package and was truly floored by what was inside my care package. Between the all the rubs and sauces I'm going to be one happy Egger' for a good time to come. There was way more than was necessary but it is greatly appreciated. I only wish I was able to help my Elfster and much as I was given. Will definitely save up for the next one now that I know what to expect. Thanks again Doug!!!!imageimage
    Your Welcome Joe. All in the sprit of giving, which I think was Cazzy intent all along. To pass a little taste of our egging all around. Glad to be a small part of it. Enjoy your gifts and happy Egging...  
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Cazzy. ..we'll do whatever the hell we want on this thread of people I hate getting awesome stuff. :((
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    @DMW‌ is a life saver. I dont know if he knew that blues hog is my fav sauce or not or that I can not buy it localy anymore but I just ran out a few weeks ago. Also, the one dizzy pig he sent me is the only dizzy pig product I use at least once a week. Super great gift. Thank you my friend.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    For some reason, I can't post a pic.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options

For some reason, I can't post a pic.

I was gonna say it didn't happen... Glad to hear it really did.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Got my package yesterday. Several rubs and sauces and a package of gourmet vanilla wafers. I'm excited the most about the salt lick rub. I've been intending to order it and never have. Thanks so MUCH lee. I will be trying these out this week.

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A few things:

1. A goes without saying that the pic of your care package is highly encouraged. Thanks everyone who has done so thus far.

2. After receipt, please acknowledge receipt of your package on Elfster so I can monitor the exchange progress.

3. Wow, bad ass exchange so far! What I've seen so far has blown my mind and I can't thank yall enough for fully committing to this! =D> I look forward to seeing the rest! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    TTC said:

Blown away by the package I received today. There are just no words. Rubs I've never heard of + rubs I've wanted to try + rubs from chefs (Tom Douglas) I've respected for years.

Not to mention smoked salmon (which I adore) and a star wars pizza cutter (since I clearly love my pizza and I am a star wars nerd)

There was not a note, but if I had to guess I owe @PNWfoodie a huge thank you? Whoever you are you are awesome.

Guilty as charged! :) Sorry about no note...I realized afterwards. I tried to focus on highlighting the PNW, but there were just some other neat things I wanted to show off from other places I've been. Hope you enjoy!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • cazzy
    Options
    Great job @DMW‌

I'm sure @travisstrick‌ is more than happy with this!!!! =D>

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    cazzy said:

A few things:

3. Wow, bad ass exchange so far! What I've seen so far has blown my mind and I can't thank yall enough for fully committing to this! =D> I look forward to seeing the rest! :D

There have been some kick ass "care packages" so far. This has been fun as hell and I haven't even gotten mine yet. Awesome job folks, awesome job!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @travisstrick
    Glad to hear. I did not know re: the Blues Hog or the Fajita-ish. Lucky guesses there.
    I hope you enjoy the PA original stuff as well. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    Got my package today, amazing!! Thank you
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Cm23 said:

Ho Lee Sheat!!! Who sent you all that Mississippi goodness?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    Options
    Cm23 said:

Wow @SGH‌ , just wow. =D>
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's a hellacious haul of goods!

That Shed sauce - my buddy Randy who cooked the gumbo at NOLA brisket camp grew up with him - they're really good friends and they used to cook together on the circuit.