Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First use with Food Loops

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0831.jpg
<p />So far so good using Food Loops for the first time. This is a small pork tenderloin which was prepared per Q-Babes infamous coffee encrusted recipe. Note I merely tucked the long ends under so they won't get tangled in the grill. They were far easier to use than tieing with kitchen twine.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    RRP,
    I gave a set to my daughters for Christmas. I used mine on a small turkey and they have both usded them several times. I kind of look at things like Alton Brown does - the multitasking thing - but these are something you can't do much else with but I wouldn't be without them now.

• HolySmokes
    Options
    RRP,
    geez! useful looking, but do they make 'em in anything
    besides hot pink?
    :) HS

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    I have used them also and they are better than messing with string. [p]Toy Man
  • RRP
    Options
    Sundown, Hey, I know what you mean about the special use - it's just like the set of "Grip Wrenches" which I also requested for Christmas. With their strong rubber strip they will grip almost anything and give you a terrific grip. Will I use them often? Probably not, but that is what makes having a "cool tool box" all about! Having the right tool for the right purpose! Now to use the Spring Chicken's method just sign me:
    RRP aka Ron "been filling the cool tool box for 37 years now" Pratt

• RRP
    Options
    HolySmokes, LOL - I swear pink is not my color either but when something works as well as these do then you become color blind!
  • RRP
    Options
    Toy Man,
    LOL - Thanks for the testimonial so I could show my wife that someone has used them and didn't die before morning!!!

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    RRP,
    Cool lookin' idea. Went to their website and it was noted that although they'll take up to 625°F of heat, they're not meant to be used direct over the flame on a bbq grill. Looks like the tenderloins were done direct; was there any noticeable effect on the Loops at all?
    Qfan

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Forgot to add that I purchased mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond.[p]Toy Man
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    RRP,[p]I saw this title and my brain registered FRUIT loops, and thought "now what in the world has he done with Fruit Loops?"...[p]Geez, it's amazing what your brain will see sometimes, LOL![p]Tonia
    :~)

• RRP
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    No, there was no off-taste and both my wife and I are quick to notice such. I knew of the mfg warning, but here's why I risk it:
    a) my cook was on a raised grill so further from the heat
    b) my dome temp was only 325°
    c) the cook would only be 30 minutes or less
    d) I plopped down 3 handfuls of water soaked cherry wood chips on top of the heart of the fire
    And then besides - some of you think I walk on the wild side of life anyway because in under 2 months I will have had my Rutland gasket on for 5 long years!

• Banker John
    Options
    QBabe,
    My warped brain {what is left up there anyways} thought the same thing. Here I am having expectations of some meal on the egg with Fruit Loops as an ingredients. LOL![p]Banker John