Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Actually it's 960 miles.

About a 17-38 percent chance of it getting there, right @nolaegghead‌. .. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I know who it is...lol... :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

Just got home from the post office. Officially 16.03 KG. Wowee!!!!!!!!! Shipping was 1/2 of the total cost of goods!!!!!!!!!!

Someone is gonna love Canada in about a week!!!!!!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

27 lbs, 14.4 oz.  As a special touch I wanted to keep mine just below the weight of oysters @SGH can eat in a meal. 

Sorry @SGH, it's not headed to just this side of Biloxi

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I got mine shipped today. 19lb of fun and local goodies. Some odd, some off topic, and some damn good! A little sauce, a little rub, and some good ol' Cincinnati chili.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Will be mailing my package off in the morning. From KY to FL.

Hope you enjoy some Hillbilly Sauces !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    hondabbq said:

Just got home from the post office. Officially 16.03 KG. Wowee!!!!!!!!! Shipping was 1/2 of the total cost of goods!!!!!!!!!!

@hondabbq‌ - Aren't you the one who was not sure if you could find something to send? :)

Options
    paqman said:

@hondabbq‌ - Aren't you the one who was not sure if you could find something to send? :)
    That was me. Who said it was full of BBQ items? Lets just say I got creative.
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Mines all packed up, off to the post office tomorrow! Some lucky Canadian should enjoy the good. This was so much fun! Thanks again Cazzy!!!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    @Cazzy, I put sample rubs on description. Trying to get new paperwork done.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Just got a reply from UPS:

• hondabbq
    Options

Usually sending items up from the US into Canada using a courier results in the receiver having to pay brokerage fees.

Anytime I get something shipped up I will ask if they will send it USPS. No fees upon arrival.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    hondabbq said:

Usually sending items up from the US into Canada using a courier results in the receiver having to pay brokerage fees.

Anytime I get something shipped up I will ask if they will send it USPS. No fees upon arrival.

I wonder if @CANMAN1976‌ had to pay fees. The package was easily about 150-200 in value. I sent UPS.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • hondabbq
    Options
    cazzy said:

I wonder if @CANMAN1976‌ had to pay fees. The package was easily about 150-200 in value. I sent UPS.

My wife just had a Bday gift shipped up from the US and it came Fed Ex. She had it shipped to my Moms house and my mom had to pay $22 brokerage. I have been burned in the past a few times too by shipping it this way. If they don't ship USPS I don't order.

The only caveat to this would be if is sent a s a gift maybe there isn't brokerage. I have never been sent a "gift" from the US. Might be different.

• Tspud1
    Options
    I told them it was a gift but don't know if receiver is going to get billed on delivery for any fees.
    Most of the shipments I do to Canada are truck and NAFTA paperwork is done. I used UPS only because they were cheaper, next time it will be a flat rate USPS box.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    All these tariffs when shipping to Canada are what?  Part of Canada's methodology to protect Canadian business?  What happened to NAFTA?
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Its not the USA or Canada. It has nothing to do with tariffs or taxes. Its the courier companies charging fees to do the customs part of the import. They charge us all to open a box to check the declaration.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Fed Ex has been trying to deliver the box I shipped for 4 days. No one at the address I was given. Says the package will be returned to me after one more delivery attempt. What do I do? Ship it to someone else?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @SGH that is crazy.  I am sure you hooked them up too!  Oh, and I'll send you my address buddy!   :D
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    paqman said:

That was me. Who said it was full of BBQ items? Lets just say I got creative.

You know the snowman will melt, right?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌
    PM me your address brother Tar. If it gets returned to me it's yours my friend. Why? I respect a man of very large appetite.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Nah, you don't have to do that brother.  However, I would like to exchange addresses with you.  You asked for some of my pickles a while back that I wanted to send you.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • flynnbob
    Options
    Mine went out today!
    Milton, GA.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ Fed Ex has been trying to deliver the box I shipped for 4 days. No one at the address I was given. Says the package will be returned to me after one more delivery attempt. What do I do? Ship it to someone else?
    I am working on it.  Stand by.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    My box is all packaged up ready to send. I was going to do it this morning, but got tied up at work. Will mail before going to work in the morning. Sorry for the delay !!

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @SGH I do't think they can deliver 1000lbs of oak and 1000lbs of cherry wood
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mine shows as delivered.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

I told them it was a gift but don't know if receiver is going to get billed on delivery for any fees.
    Most of the shipments I do to Canada are truck and NAFTA paperwork is done. I used UPS only because they were cheaper, next time it will be a flat rate USPS box.

@Tspud1‌ - If you are sending to me, don't worry about it, it's all under control :)

Options
    I still haven't received mine. :-S
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN