Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

17 1/2 lb Brisket Done on a Large BGE

Options

I love cooking and eating brisket. I stopped at the butcher Saturday morning and they had some fresh butchered briskets (never frozen) so I grabbed a few. Here is the 17 pounder I did today. As I look back, I remember it was my dad who gave me his BGE and this forum that got me where I am today. I had my mom over for some brisket and we ate and talked about things my dad did. A lot of great memories and more being made talking with my mom.

I knew this was going to be good as it was very flexible. I separated the point and flat so I could remove the hard fat and get a nice trim. I took 3 lbs off of this. I smoked at 320° with oak for just under 6 hours. I put the point on about an hour after the flat so they both get done at the same time. I wrap them when they get around 160° and keep wrapped till 205° and then FTC for an hour.

The weigh-in

imageimage

The bend test

Separated, trimmed and starting a Salt/ Pepper/ garlic rub

Couple hours in and ready to be wrapped in foil

Here is the point

The flat

All sliced up in a 48 qt Pyrex pan

And a few sammies

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments