Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Beef Ribs Ever!

Last weekend I made the best beef ribs ever, best I have done, better than any I have had in any restaurant. Or at least I thought so. I am making them again today, with two whole racks. Here are a few photos, I will post some more throughout the day. ETA finished ribs 5 pm eastern. Here are the basics:

Beef ribs, membrane removed (the butcher usually does it here)
Bobby Flay rib rub, basic recipe, with 1 tablespoon dried crushed thyme added.
Standard prepared mustard. See photo for coverage amounts of mustard and rub.
Hickory chunks, dry of course, no water soaking.
Indirect, drip pan with water.
Low and slow until done, about 7 hours.
Spritz every hour (starting at the second hour) with 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons molasses (well mixed of course).
Sauce when done with Sticky Fingers Memphis Original Sauce, thinned half-and-half with Pabst Blue Ribbon. Leave on high rack direct for about 10 to 15 minutes rotating a few times.

And here is the KEY TECHNIQUE again in my mind. Keep the ribs as cold as you can when you put on the mustard and rub, and put them in the BGE with a sub 200 temperature, maybe 150 to 180. Get the smoke going good, maybe a half hour. Let the temperature come up slow, never over 220.

Comments welcome.

LBGE

Comments