Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• badinfluence
    Options
    Alright everyone stop complaining on how much ya all spent darn it. This is supposed to be fun.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Just close your eyes and hand them your card!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ it was fun!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• badinfluence
    Options
    @shtgunal3‌ not saying you brother jus everyone. I d I d what @cazzy said. I ordered gave card number and worry about it next month. :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Regardless of the cost...this will be fun. Will you come out ahead, prolly not. Ultimately, you will feel great doing it and the BBQ gods will love you!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Mine is on the way.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    I sent mine out today. Starting to feel like Christmas eve as a kid. As I drove up the driveway tonight I was thinking, "I hope my elf delivery came!!"

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • cazzy
    Options

I sent mine out today. Starting to feel like Christmas eve as a kid. As I drove up the driveway tonight I was thinking, "I hope my elf delivery came!!"

My package arrived today and I can't wait to get home so I can open it. :D
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'll be travelling some next week and gave my wife strict instructions to not open it if it arrives while I am gone.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

Alright everyone stop complaining on how much ya all spent darn it. This is supposed to be fun.

I did not mind spending on rubs & sauces but the shipping charge hurts. I hope my draw doesn't get hit too hard with the custom's officer duty and taxes bill. There should not be any duty charge but there may be taxes.

Options
    DMW said:

I'll be travelling some next week and gave my wife strict instructions to not open it if it arrives while I am gone.

Hopefully she isn't pissed at you when it cones in. Lol
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I'm not at all worried about what I spent on it. Just what the "boss" might think. She knows how much I enjoy it though so it's all good.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE finding things to give people, much like I love cooking for people. This has been so fun for me! I probably enjoyed the giving part more than I will the receiving part. (Unless you drew me...in that case, I'm really very needy :) )
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Whoo-hoo!!! Thanks to @cazzy‌, I got in on the fun at the last minute(sec.) today. As soon as I got my giftee's information, I went shopping. Also got the box sent off right before the Post Offfice closed. Package is scheduled to arrive Monday. Thanks @Cazzy for the last minute shuffle.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • OmahaOne
    Options
    thetrim said:

@OmahaOne So you use the old "Wife broke her hip" excuse???  Would expect more from a Husker esp w Lil Red as your Avatar.

Send me your address and I'll box up some Florida Rubs and sauces for you.  You can send me some frozen Runzas and Empyrean Ales beer.

:-)  Hope everyone's doing well and glad Cazzy can get you squared away

I wish the broken hip was just an excuse (I'm know my wife sure feels the same).  I'd love to send you some Runzas and Empyrean Ales Beer, but I haven't lived in Nebraska for the last 6 1/2 years. But I'm still true to Big Red which made it nice that they moved to the Big 10 because I get to see them more often.
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • flynnbob
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    flynnbob said:
    I haven't made it to my favorite rub / sauce place yet. Had to take Mr Flynn (my pup) to the ER last night - Was having some heart issues and had to be admitted. He should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon - Damn, I love that dog.  I have been able to pick up some good local GA sauces that I like so it will be fun to share with someone out of state.  There will be a good haul of various items from the Flynnbobs.
    Where is your favorite rub / sauce place?
    @JRwhitee The Butcher's Market on Highway 92 West of Roswell.  Sorry for the late response - Been traveling all week.
    Milton, GA.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options

On the way today 9/27.......four STL style BBQ sauces, four STL rubs, and one STL hot sauce headed northeast bound.

Enjoy!

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Some Southern Soul, Willies, S Ga Cane Syrup & Squash Pickles heading south.
  • flynnbob
    Options
    henapple said:
    @flynnbob‌. ...how's your buddy?
    Thanks @henapple.  Flynn is doing ok right now - not 100% but not bad. We are happy for every day we have with him. He will be 7 on Tuesday. He is by my side right now. Such a sweet and happy pup.  Cavaliers tend to have cardiac issues which stinks.  Thanks for asking. 
    Milton, GA.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Had all my stuff picked out and was okay happy with it. A whole foods just opened and I stopped in and they actually had better prices and a lot more local stuff to offer. Regrouping so mine will ship out Monday.
    Dunedin, FL
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Someone in Pennsylvania is getting a delivery from Canada today.

Just shipped off mine in the morning .. receipient should receive it on Thursday. Enjoy!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Package shipped on Saturday. I sent my wife to ship it and she sent it 2nd day air! HAHAHA! 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Stopping by USPS on way home to ship today.  Managed somehow to get it to fit in the flat rate large box.  I paid for all the stuff in cash so SWMBO can't see the damage.  This was so fun, now the eggcitement of waiting for mine to arrive.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Sending it away on my way home from work today. I was waiting on some information.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Shipped. 18.5 lbs about 1100 miles away from NOLA. $8.50 FedEx ground shipping through my company. Hellz yeah.
    Options
    Shipped. 18.5 lbs about 1100 miles away from NOLA. $8.50 FedEx ground shipping through my company. Hellz yeah.
    I guess it's not me...

Dunedin, FL
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Just dropped mine off at Fedex and heading home to see if I got my package today.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Actually it's 960 miles.
    Options
    Actually it's 960 miles.
    I don't stand a chance.

Johns Creek, Georgia