Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

After you receive your care package, please take a picture of it and post it here.  Showoff your new goods and thank your Elf!    B-)
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2014
    Retracted. My apologies.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2014
    Retracted. My apologies.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Not the place for this question...let's please keep this for showing off the stuff we received from the exchange. For personal stuff, PM or text me next time please.
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Holy freaking hell!! Way to set the bar @Sixpack1‌ Great damn job man!

Congrats @TigerTony‌ I haven't heard or seen a lot of that stuff. Have fun man!!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2014
    Holy crap!!!!   That's awesome (for a Gator).

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Yeah, way to set the freakin bar @sixpack1. >:P
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Holy Crap @sixpack1! Did you hold up the rub truck?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Now I'm feeling inadequate.

Little Rock, AR

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Awesome package @ sixpack1 ! @tigertony that gunshot sauce is awesome on pulled pork.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    No kidding @Biggreenpharmacist‌. I sent my package out today. Hope he enjoys it.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
     I feel as if I won the rub/sauce lottery!  Not sure where to start.
    My wife and daughters are looking everything over and giving their opinions. They are just as intrigued as I am about these rubs and sauces. My oldest daughter wants to start with the Yuengling Honey barbecue sauce and wife wants me to cook something using the Rumboggies Bar B Que sauce.
    I'm telling them to have patience......one at a time. We are set for a long time. I leaning towards some jerk chicken for tomorrow night.
    @sixpack1 You sure made my family happy. 

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• cazzy
    jcaspary said:

No kidding @Biggreenpharmacist‌. I sent my package out today. Hope he enjoys it.

Yall are okay. This is above and beyond, but it doesn't devalue what yall have done. I've seen the care package you're sending @Biggreenpharmacist‌ and it's nothing to be ashamed about. Yall are good man.
  • After seeing that, I'm gonna do some more shopping. I'm embarrassed of what I was about to send. Geez!!!!

Little Rock, AR

• @cazzy guess you were reading my mind. I didnt see your post before my last one. Thanks for the pep talk.

Little Rock, AR

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    @cazzy‌ @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Now I feel guilty and all I did was open the package and show-off my big score \:D/
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357

@TigerTony just send me some Boudin Balls from Tony's seafood and I won't hate you any longer.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    TigerTony said:

@cazzy‌ @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Now I feel guilty and all I did was open the package and show-off my big score \:D/

Why? I'm suspecting that there will be several packages equal to yours. The package that is coming for me tomorrow is 19#. That is pretty cray cray.
  • Don't feel guilty. I just dont want my guy to be disappointed. Im sending his monday so gonna grab few more things. I think he'll be pleased. I would be.

Little Rock, AR

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    I sent 4 rubs and 2 sauces and threw in a bottle of Whataburger spicy ketchup. Didn't think I'd have to ship a Schwan's truck or need a wheelbarrow to take it to the post office. Dang!

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • @ALL Y'ALL Please don't think that I was trying to show off. We just blessed to have a lot of  unique sauces and rubs down here in Florida. We have many cultures from Jamaicans, Seminole Indians, Rednecks, River Rats and Firefighters and all of them have their own ways of prepping food prior to cooking. I wanted to share as much as I could with my draw who just happen to be in La. which is spicy food country. So to be able to impress Tiger with sauces and rubs he has never experienced is awesome. @TigerTony I have everyone of those in my pantry and use them all the time. You are covered for everything from fish and shrimp to wings and briskets. Enjoy brother if you need anymore of anything let me know.That pepper jelly on wheat thin crackers is AMAZING...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    GQuiz said:
    I sent 4 rubs and 2 sauces and threw in a bottle of Whataburger spicy ketchup. Didn't think I'd have to ship a Schwan's truck or need a wheelbarrow to take it to the post office. Dang!

I almost put in a bottle of Whataburger ketchup. It's all I eat now. Wished I had. But the regular, not spicy
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    Sixpack1 said:

@ALL Y'ALL Please don't think that I was trying to show off.

Well it is a show off thread man. You did a damn fine job. Be proud mang!
  • He set the bar high. Mabe the place had a sale???
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Nice haul @cazzy!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Very nice, you're going to love that Demon Pig sauce. Gourmet Chunk nice touch awesome haul!!!
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• @cazzy your photography skills as always make your BBQ package look even better! Excellent job putting together the exchange.

Edina, MN

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited September 2014
    Thank you @JRWhitee‌ for the OUTSTANDING rub & sauce package. Way over the top. Will use the Cowgirl Ridum Rub first as you said you used it all the time. Super nice package. Please come to Salado in March. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Just dropped it off at the Post Office.  Should receive Monday.  Hope it makes it in one piece.

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE