Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thearpy Pizza

Options
TTC
TTC Posts: 1,035

Had a hellish week - needed to light some charcoal, get my hands in some dough, and get some vino in my gullet. 

Publix dough. 2 pies.

First pie half cheese, 1/4 pepperoni-sausage, 1/4 pepperoni-sausage-grilled onion-black olive-feta

Second pie sun dried tomatoes, chicken-apple sausage, prosciutto, shrimp, and smoked gouda mixed with aged provolone.

Pies ready to go

imageimage

Ran the egg at 500, plate setter legs down, fire bricks, then stone

Cooked Pies

All of a sudden, life is so much better

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks great- love the smoked Gouda.
    Greensboro, NC
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's good looking therapy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Hellish indeed. Too bad the weekend isn't 4 days.
  • TTC
    Options
    Thanks. If nothing else, I know my own happy place. I'm so much better than I was 4 hours ago it's not even fair

Ikon pass 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice...welcome to the weekend.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Once again, pizzas look delish! I know what you mean about therapy. I was telling my assistant today that cooking on the bge is just so...darned relaxing. There is something primal about food and fire...particularly slow fire.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • ChicagoEgghead20
    Options
    @TTC do you just use cornmeal on the bottom to prevent it from sticking or is there a better option? I did my first pizza last weekend and in order for it not to stick I found myself using an awful lot of meal on the stone.

• TTC
    Options
    @ChicagoEgghead20‌ I use parchment paper. Corn meal (or just plenty of flour) works great too, some people use a metal pizza screen, it really becomes a matter of preference - much like how you set up the egg.

Parchment fits my OCD, because I like to get all my doughs stretched out first so I can clean up, then assemble them all and clean up before cooking. Otherwise I'm walking back and forth from egg to kitchen all night (which for me is not a short walk due to the layout of my home)

I also worked as a cook/chef for several years and that training is all about having your workstation and prep area clean and organized. Those habits have stayed with me

Ikon pass 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man those look great.  Did you get two pies out of one publix dough ball?  If I may ask- how do you manage to get it so thin? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TTC
    Options
    Thanks @SmokeyPitt‌. I use one Publix dough ball per pizza.

I also take it out of fridge several hours before making it, yesterday I pulled it out at lunch. That dough is really elastic, and letting it come to room temperature allows it to loosen up and even start to rise a little, which makes it much easier to form.

Ikon pass 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Cool- thanks!  I usually take it out of the fridge ahead of time but not for that long.  Next time I will try to do it a few hours in advance. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice pies!