Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Greens tonight

Options
Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
highrib.jpg
<p />Was hoping not to feed the rib eye addiction quite so early in the year but I am weak. Have been experimenting with grilling at higher level and am quite pleased with results. I always loaded up egg and let it rip/ steaks at fire ring level. Now I'm grilling at dome temp of 750 and grid about 6 inches from lump. Same time frame as closer to lump which doesn't make any sense to me? Have tried the T-Rex method but this higher grill method seems to provide a real tender result.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Charbon,
    here's what you do....[p]possibly my wife's favorite dinner, we do this once a week easily.[p]cheapo bag of mixed field greens on a plate. sprinkle it with decent balsamic vinegar, cracked pepper and kosher salt, then maybe even some fresh grated parmesan.[p]after the steak comes off the grill, let it sit for five minutes on a plate to the side. then put one on each bed of greens, pouring whatever juice collects on the wait-plate over the greens as well.[p]you'll look like a gourmet to your guests, and all you will have done is substitued greens for the fries in your picture.[p]and you will devour the greens, too.[p]
    your steaks look great, b/t/w

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • HighCotton
    Options
    Nicely done steaks.