Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Att: HEB Shoppers (((Fresh Sausage)))

Options
Just discovered this and now hooked. Have always bought the Kielbasa or HEB brand jalapeño / cheddar cooked/smoked sausage for the grill. This fresh stuff is outstanding. @Griffin and @Foghorn‌ you guys were just talking about brats. Try this. Cooked two packages in three days. imageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks tasty. You just reminded me we have some hatch chile chicken sausage in the freezer from their nose up in the air sibling Central Market.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @Mickey I wish we had an HEB around here. They have all the good stuff!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Must...... Resist..... Sausage...... Joke
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    you are late to the party buddy. That stuff is awesome. been cooking it for years. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    What's wrong with eating Howard Edward Butt's sausage? Are they too juicy and prone to squirting?
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Can't wait to try it.  Will cook some for the football games this weekend!  Mickey, you're the one that turned us on to the HEB brand smoked sausage and we've loved it.  If this is even better....oh my!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Can't wait to try it.  Will cook some for the football games this weekend!  Mickey, you're the one that turned us on to the HEB brand smoked sausage and we've loved it.  If this is even better....oh my!!

I can't believe I am saying it: It's better
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

Thanks @Mickey. That looks like great tailgate food.

Yeah, HEB rocks. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Terrebandit
    Options
    Interesting. Never seen it there. Is it in the fresh cut meat case or somewhere else? Decent price too. I just paid 4.50/lb for the stuff you normally buy.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Interesting. Never seen it there. Is it in the fresh cut meat case or somewhere else? Decent price too. I just paid 4.50/lb for the stuff you normally buy.

Both the singles case and by the pack

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What's wrong with eating Howard Edward Butt's sausage? Are they too juicy and prone to squirting?
    Must.....resist.....shake-weight.....rainbow packaging.....joke.  DUCK!
    Options
    Ya, that chicken sausage is the tits.  Even better is the queso poblano chicken sausage IMHO. The spinach and feta one is descent, but stay away from the sun dried tomato chicken sausage.  Way too over powering with the sun dried tomatoes.
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...