Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BUFFALO SHROOMS

I had a leftover grilled chicken breast and felt like getting creative. I chopped up the chicken and mixed in blue cheese crumbles and buffalo sauce. I removed the stem from the shrooms and filled the cavity with the mixture. I cooked these indirect at 350 for approx 20 minutes. These were killer. You should try this. image

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I know I have given you some grief for some of your posts. But this looks killer. Big mushroom fan here and also buffalo. Will be trying these.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Those look great!! Especially that one at the front right. Nice job!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW said:
    I know I have given you some grief for some of your posts. But this looks killer. Big mushroom fan here and also buffalo. Will be trying these.
    You have and I have intentionally tried to ruffle feathers at times. Thank you for the compliment. These turned out great.
  • cazzy

DMW said:

You have and I have intentionally tried to ruffle feathers at times. Thank you for the compliment. These turned out great.

I give you a hard time cause it's fun, but if your **** looks awesome, I almost always acknowledge that. Again, great job!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @cazzy‌
    You never acknowledge mine cazzy. My feeling are now hurt ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Those look great Craig. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Wow- awesome. Thinking Of variations- chorizo is sounding good to me. Thanks for the idea
    Greensboro, NC
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    SGH said:

@cazzy‌
    You never acknowledge mine cazzy. My feeling are now hurt ;)

Lies...I've acknowledged your stuff too. Speaking if mushrooms, I gave you some props when you posted them. I have a near photographic memory so I'm quite sure I said "the stuffed mushrooms would be destroyed".
  • those look killer....thanks for the idea!
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Holy fungus Batman! I'd make myself sick on those
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    What is buffalo sauce?

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Yep. On the list with the naan
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Freaking EPIC....I've never seen cooked mushrooms. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    henapple said:

Freaking EPIC....I've never seen cooked mushrooms. =))

Me neither. Can I get that pic on a tee?
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • Wow great..I am looking for ideas for appetisers while we watch the golf this weekend. This is something that I will make ..Thanks.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    I cook mushroom about twice a month and those look killer. Great idea and I will take your advice and make them. Thanks!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Those look great.  I am thinking the finishing step would be to batter and deep fry them once they come off the BGE.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Line in the sand. I did buffalo buffalo shrooms tonight. Bellas stuffed with bison, scallions, sweet onions, cilantro, blue cheese, and garlic. In the AM doing big bellas with an egg cracked in the middle and horse radish cheddar on top. EPIC....
  • Lit said:

Line in the sand. I did buffalo buffalo shrooms tonight. Bellas stuffed with bison, scallions, sweet onions, cilantro, blue cheese, and garlic. In the AM doing big bellas with an egg cracked in the middle and horse radish cheddar on top. EPIC....

I never mentioned "epic" in this post. Show up on Oct 11 and you will see it.
  • @Big Green Craig. Those look awesome, Great pics and I could a pile of those. What is Buffalo sauce?? Please share if you wouldn't mind. [-O<
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited September 2014

Lit said:

What will we see that is epic? I won't be there, as I have more important things to do(Anniversary, wife carries a gun for a living. Do the math).
  • Lit said:

What will we see that is epic? I won't be there, as I have more important things to do(Anniversary, wife carries a gun for a living. Do the math).
    I'll post pics.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Rough idea of what to expect?
  • @Big Green Craig. Those look awesome, Great pics and I could a pile of those. What is Buffalo sauce?? Please share if you wouldn't mind. [-O<

Buffalo sauce is a vinegar based hot sauce generally used I wings.
  • Rough idea of what to expect?

Not a chance.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ You never acknowledge mine cazzy. My feeling are now hurt ;)

@sgh you have to cook soup on the egg to get @cazzy attention =)) =))

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    @BigGreenCraig‌ I have cooked at and attended multiple eggfests. A word of advice there are alot of people at eggtoberfest. We did 6 bacon wrapped bourbon green apple brown sugar stuffed pork tenderloins that took 45 minutes to cook and were gone in 5 minutes. We did brown sugar and onion brisket meatballs last year that we made enough that we had to mix them in a 5 gallon bucket and they were gone as fast as we could cook them. You will learn why alot of the cooks at eggtoberfest are simple. I still want a t shirt.
  • Lit said:

@BigGreenCraig‌ I have cooked at and attended multiple eggfests. A word of advice there are alot of people at eggtoberfest. We did 6 bacon wrapped bourbon green apple brown sugar stuffed pork tenderloins that took 45 minutes to cook and were gone in 5 minutes. We did brown sugar and onion brisket meatballs last year that we made enough that we had to mix them in a 5 gallon bucket and they were gone as fast as we could cook them. You will learn why alot of the cooks at eggtoberfest are simple. I still want a t shirt.

6 tenderloins. That's cute...
  • cazzy
    6 tenderloins. That's cute...
    Riding Meat Churches coattail. That's cute...
  • cazzy
    I mean, nice cook. :P