Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    cazzy said:

hondabbq said:

Holy Crap!!! I herded up some BBQ items and then proceeded to add a few items of pure Canadiana. I gotta stop. Im already up to $93 and I have a couple more things I want to add yet. Somebody is gonna like Canada after this.

I feel your pain.

Because I had to send two packages to your homeland, I spent about $300 last time. It was still worth it!
    I am getting worried about the shipping size and weight.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Okay, everyone has draws now.

Unless two or more people join, I am no longer accepting any more entries.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Nice Work @cazzy! Thanks

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    edited September 2014
    All the stuff I gathered  it cost me another $42.00 to ship. Box got heavy, real heavy quickly 32lbs
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Yea I'm already way north of the minimum and my package is headed north of the boarder. I'm sure shipping is gonna hurt a little but hopefully my draw enjoys it all.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • hondabbq
    Sixpack1 said:
    All the stuff I gathered  it cost me another $42.00 to ship. Box got heavy, real heavy quickly 32lbs

With shipping I'm am positive to be at a minimum of $150.
  • cazzy
    I just want to reiterate that the above is not a requirement folks. You should feel very comfortable giving the minimum.  If you decide to give more for whatever reason, then that's really cool too.  This is not a competition, but your approach should probably lean towards the mentality of "what would I like to receive".  

In the end, HAVE FUN!
  • GeorgeS
    @Cazzy you are absolutely right! It is all about having fun. That is how I and I'm sure others have ended up over budget. This has been a blast!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • hondabbq
    GeorgeS said:
    @Cazzy you are absolutely right! It is all about having fun. That is how I and I'm sure others have ended up over budget. This has been a blast!

I think you nailed it on the head.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Not kidding a bit! I'm not offended as I'm really quite the jokester myself.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Isn't it 4 Canadian dollars for every US dollar? Just kidding. Really looking forward to this.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • I didn't have time to participate on this year's exchange but I had so much fun last year that I will do it again for sure! I'm excited to see what everyone gets :)

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    You mean the minimum is $25 not $250, damn too late now...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I think I finished my purchasing. Now to pack this up with hopes nothing breaks in transit.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited September 2014
    Are we posting tease photos this year? Didn't we go back and forth last year? Anyway, here I am checking out the selection from a local company:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GeorgeS
    LOL that's funny.
  • thetrim
    @ACN way to find something that your target has never heard of before!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I was just going to fill this up with stuff I have left over. No?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hondabbq
    edited September 2014
    Acn said:
    Are we posting tease photos this year? Didn't we go back and forth last year? Anyway, here I am checking out the selection from a local company: image

I think id like to withdraw my name please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( just kidding Cazzy. Just hope I don't get ACN)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @DMW, you'll have to print a new label and please make sure you get the ingredients correct.  This one says Montreal Chicken, but I would bet there is neither Montreal nor chicken in it.  The label police showed up recently on another thread about mayonnaise and crackers.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    hondabbq said:

Acn said:

Are we posting tease photos this year? Didn't we go back and forth last year? Anyway, here I am checking out the selection from a local company:

I think id like to withdraw my name please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( just kidding Cazzy. Just hope I don't get ACN)

Come on, you're fine with @dmw repackaging the ends of all the rubs in his cabinet, but not with unopened McCormicks?

(And it should be noted this IS all in jest. There will be no McCormicks in the box I ship, unless I throw in some Old Bay, simply because it isn't MD flavor without it.)

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• hondabbq
    I thought it was just understood as they are both McCormick products. No offence taken nor intended.
  • thetrim
    So are we doing previews on this thread or not.  Just wait for the targets to post their booty!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Thanks @cazzy for all of the hard work...

My stuff should be shipping out to my elfster tomorrow :)
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I picked up everything today and will be shipping out tomorrow as well.

Great job @cazzy thank you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    thetrim said:
    So are we doing previews on this thread or not.  Just wait for the targets to post their booty!
    No sneak previews please.  I am going to make a reveal thread where everyone can show off their care package contents!    :D
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    A box full of local stuff from N.O. on its way Friday.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    hondabbq said:

Holy Crap!!! I herded up some BBQ items and then proceeded to add a few items of pure Canadiana. I gotta stop. Im already up to $93 and I have a couple more things I want to add yet. Somebody is gonna like Canada after this.

@hondabbq‌ - Join the club :) wait until you see the shipping price. I purchased a box but it is too small and the local post office is out of stock on bigger boxes. I'll try to find another one tomorrow. 13 pounds of stuff is not cheap to ship to the US.

paqman said:
    @hondabbq‌ - Join the club :) wait until you see the shipping price. I purchased a box but it is too small and the local post office is out of stock on bigger boxes. I'll try to find another one tomorrow. 13 pounds of stuff is not cheap to ship to the US.
    The weight adds up pretty quick and is crazy expensive.  The first one I sent last time was 22lbs.  The 2nd was 30.  

I hope the guy that jacked the first one enjoyed his too.  
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    @hondabbq‌ - Shipping via Canada Post is probably the best options because the recipient should not be charged a broker fee (there may be a duty charge/tax). If you use the standard size Canada Post boxes, you may actually save a bunch on the shipping charge (non standard size was more than triple the price).