Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggFest in Jefferson TX October 11 2014

Options

SWMBO (aka Honey) was surfing a BGE facebook page the other day and noticed a posting from a member to see who is going.

This one is close to home so looks like we are going. It is for a local charity so that's even better.

And looks like Morrison Supply, the great guys from Athens Eggfest, are involved.

Since Hornhonk has postponed the Plano Eggfest I can get my Eggfest fix in the fall. If I survive the NOLA Eggstravagansa.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• EggObsessed
    Options
    Hey Hotch, could you post a link to more info about this fest?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Hey Hotch, could you post a link to more info about this fest?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Scott805
    Options

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@EggObsessed I just spoke to Brandon Powell with Morrison. He asked that I post his email address for those wanting to cook or just taste. Please contact him and he should send out the signup stuff.

Brandon Powell bspowell@morsco.com

Woho here we go!!!

\:D/
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @Hotch: I'm 99% sure we'll go.  Just need to confirm with Bruce.  So glad Shelly saw this on Facebook!
    Kelley 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @Hotch: I'm 99% sure we'll go.  Just need to confirm with Bruce.  So glad Shelly saw this on Facebook!
    MMMMM...Duck Breast Chili...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @Hotch:  Email sent to Brandon.  Thanks!

@Photo Egg:  Y'all should go too!
    Kelley 
  • Hotch
    Options
    @Austinegghead Where are you? Are you going?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @Hotch:  Any ideas on where to stay in Jefferson?
    Kelley 
  • Hotch
    Options
    @EggObsessed This little Town is known to be the "Bed & Breakfast Capital of Texas"
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    MMMMM...Duck Breast Chili...
    With pineapple gems no less!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    Looks like we will have a few going. Should be a great time.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    2 hours from my house. I might be able to make it.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hotch
    Options
    If you guys need it I can post the flyer with all of the info for the Eggfest?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @Hotch:  Are y'all going to cook at this fest?  We are considering (gasp!!) not cooking at this fest because we haven't NOT cooked at a fest since our very first Plano Eggfest four years ago.  And that's averaging 5 fests a year.  Would be fun to mingle and taste.  If y'all are cooking, we'll be glad to be your sous chefs and can even give y'all a break by throwing on some pineapple gems.
    Kelley 
  • Hotch
    Options

@EggObsessed Shelly says we are Egging in Jefferson. Possibly we will try our Caribbean Islands Coconut Jerk Chicken Bites. It's a new flavor profile we are working on.

It will be two back to back as we are also Egging in Russellville the next weekend.

We should have a few friends coming to this one. And the gems would be a great idea.

To sign up for tasters and cooks (Charity Event) See below:

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    Anyone going?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Teresa & I are going.  We booked our rooms and emailed Brandon, but haven't got a reply yet/
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Has anyone gotten an email reply form Brandon.  We have emailed him twice about coming and cooking and no response yet.
    Hotch where did you get the registration?
    Think we will keep cook simple prep and my arm are still not there, yet.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    We are for sure going, but I think as "tasters".  Haven't done that since our very first fest, 21 fests ago.  
    Kelley 
  • Hotch
    Options
    Great yes I got an email this morning. They will have tables, chairs, pop-up, electricity and water. They will also provide large BGE, lump, starter and plate setter if needed. He did say he would be out of the office till Monday. This is for a great cause, I hope all of you can come out and cook or just taste all of the goodies we will be making.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    No alcohol? I'm out. Kidding. Already got plans that weekend.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hotch
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Griffin said:
    No alcohol? I'm out. Kidding. Already got plans that weekend.
    @Griffin Hopefully same rules as Athens. Did you hear Steve "hornhonk" is moving to Colorado. So looks like Plano Eggfest is done.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I missed that @Hotch I pretty much figured it was over anyway. That's a bummer. Maybe somebody else will step up. Like that pool place up in Frisco.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Yes, it's kaput.
  • @Hotch:  Any ideas on where to stay in Jefferson?

http://www.visitjeffersontexas.com/

This website has information about Jefferson, including accommodations. 

If you are interested in camping during your stay, the Diamond Don RV Park has 50 and 30 amp hookups with water. The park is in a beautiful rural setting on the Big Cypress Bayou. There are showers, rest rooms and a dump station, as well as tent camping available. RV fees are $35 per night and tent camping is $25 night. Contact info is:

Francene DePrez
    francene@DiamondDon.com
    Cell: 903-445-9796image903-445-9796...
    www.DiamondDon.com
    www.JeffersonRailway.com

• Has anyone gotten an email reply form Brandon.  We have emailed him twice about coming and cooking and no response yet.
    Hotch where did you get the registration?
    Think we will keep cook simple prep and my arm are still not there, yet.
    Feel free to email me at leah8424@aol.com.  We are already talking about having an on-line registration next year, but for now, please be patient.  Brandon did tell us he had just received several registrations.  I have attached a flyer with more info.  Looking forward to seeing our first EggFest.
  • @Hotch:  Are y'all going to cook at this fest?  We are considering (gasp!!) not cooking at this fest because we haven't NOT cooked at a fest since our very first Plano Eggfest four years ago.  And that's averaging 5 fests a year.  Would be fun to mingle and taste.  If y'all are cooking, we'll be glad to be your sous chefs and can even give y'all a break by throwing on some pineapple gems.
    Jefferson is a great place to wander around in.  We will have wrist bands so people can come and go, eating and visiting at the EggFest site, then enjoying seeing the town. 
  • Scott805 said:
    Here you go:

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/25739859/article-Green-Egg-Fest--in-Jefferson
    Thanks for sharing this link.  It is the first newspaper press we have seen so far.  Hope to see more soon!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    @Hotch ....what, no tacos?????
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA