Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling on the Bayou EggFest in Jefferson, TX

The Friends of the Jefferson Carnegie Library in Jefferson, TX are hosting our first ever EggFest as a fund raiser for our 107 year old library, one of only 5 Carnegie Libraries still operating as a library in the state of Texas.  We would love suggestions on how to make this family friendly event successful.  And of course, we would love to have you come to cook, too.

Comments

• I know that several of us Texans are planning to cook at or attend as tasters at this Eggfest. Looking forward to it!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

We will be there eggin, It should be a great time. Morrison always has a good showing and support.

Now it is time to work on what to cook. Something old or something new?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • I sent an email to Brandon that we will cook, but no reply yet.
  • I know that several of us Texans are planning to cook at or attend as tasters at this Eggfest. Looking forward to it!
    We are excited to have you come to Jefferson.  Plans are coming together.  The park is beautiful and shaded.  Jefferson welcomes you!
  • I sent an email to Brandon that we will cook, but no reply yet.
    Brandon said he had received several registrations in the past day or two.  You can also forward your email to me at leah8424@aol.com, if you like.   No one on our Friends of the Library Board has cooked on a Green Egg, so we are really looking forward to seeing how it is done.
  • Hotch said:

We will be there eggin, It should be a great time. Morrison always has a good showing and support.

Now it is time to work on what to cook. Something old or something new?

Thanks so much for helping spread the word, Hotch!  And for your helpful hints.  We look forward to meeting you at the Meet and Greet on Friday, October 10. 
  • We are getting excited here in Jefferson - getting ready for our first Grilling on the Bayou EggFest. There is a nip of Fall in the air.  Hoping for a beautiful day of good food and even better fellowship.  Thanks to all who are supporting this event.  You are helping support Jefferson Carnegie Library.  Thanks so much! 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @GrillingOnTheBayou Can you tell me what will be provided for the cooks? i.e. tables, chairs, pop-ups and such?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • @GrillingOnTheBayou:  Looking forward to cooking.  As Hotch said, please let us know what is provided.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • I am checking with Brandon with Morrison Supply to be sure I get the list correct.  I do know that, if requested, Morrison will provide a large egg and plate setter.  Brookshire's is providing a $25 gift card.  We will have a tent and rectangular table (not sure if 6 or 8 ft long) set up at each cooking station.  There will be a hand washing station.  We have several electrical outlets and three water faucets.  I will add to this list as I get more info.

See you soon!

• Just want to give you some more details for this Saturday's EggFest.  Morrison's is bringing the eggs to the park on Friday afternoon, arriving around 1:00 or so. We should have tables and tents up by that time. The address is 306 N. Vale St, Jefferson, TX.

You can check in any time between 10 and 6 on Friday at Jefferson Carnegie Library. The address is 301 W Lafayette. Two story building with columns, copper statue fountain in the intersection.

The Meet and Greet starts at 6:00 upstairs at the library. We are serving barbecue from Riverport Barbecue.  They made the most recent Texas Monthly list of best barbecue in Texas.

There will not be anyone on site over night. We have asked the police to drive by during the night to keep an eye on things. There is a white picket fence around the site with gates that close. I don't think they will be locked.

We plan to have people, including the guys from Morrison's, at the park Saturday about 7:00 am. But since it won't be locked, you can come earlier if you like. The eggs will be there, but Morrison's is waiting until Saturday to bring the charcoal.

Tasting is scheduled from 10 - 3.

We may not have many chairs, so I suggest you bring your own.  Brandon said you guys will stay around afterwards to cook and visit. That is fine. He plans to leave you a couple of eggs to cook on.

We are all getting excited about EggFest and getting to meet everyone.  See you Friday.
  • @GrillingOnTheBayou.  We will be there, but maybe coming in late, depending on friday work schedule.  Do you have an estimate of people y'all are expecting to come to the eggfest?
    Looking forward to the fest.  See you soon.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • I understand.  It is a long way from Austin.  We really appreciate your willingness to come.  If you are late, I do hope you will swing by the library on your way into town. 

We have no idea how many people to expect.  We are publicizing it fairly aggressively (but cheaply) in the area.  There is a motorcycle run in town the same day.  And the weather will hopefully be beautiful.  This past weekend was perfect.  That helps bring people to town, even when there isn't a particular event that brings them.

We will have about 15-17 cookers.