Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

16# Brisket, Looong Stall, Huge Lump (pic heavy)

Options
Wifey was out of town and the 13 y/o daughter (who clearly has been raised right) wanted brisket.  Who am I to say no?  Daddy drove to 3 places to find a packer, grabbed a nice looking 16 pounder, and had her do the S&P ala Franklin (very light touch).  This beast went a full 18.5 hours.  The Maverick showed 140's from the time I checked it in the morning until I finally bumped the temp about 6 hours later so we could eat Sunday dinner before Monday breakfast.  I know about stalls, but this one seemed crazy long to me.  Also, crazy -- the huge lump that came out of the RO bag was (in my relatively limited experience) an outlier and a very happy surprise.  After 18 hours cooking the brisket (and some cedar planked steelhead trout), I've got more than half an egg full of charcoal.  Who knew?

Pix showing the beast, the lump, and the sliced result should be attached.  I'd say "nailed it" but I don't think I'm supposed to do that.  

The best thing about this kind of cook is a little bit of brisket in the office for breakfast and smelling like smoky meat the rest of the day.

(For some reason, I can't get the picture of the uncooked briskey to load.  May try again later.)

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments