Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    The camp may be eggscaping me here-perhaps in the cold light of day the camp knowledge will be forthcoming.  And I may also win the lottery.  But it sure looks like fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @SGH I gotta get me one of those verticals! I'm jealous of yall, bud.

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    cazzy said:

This sounds less like Brisket Camp and more like:

daydrinkwhilewewatchsghcookanddrinkmore Camp

Hahahaha. I literally laughed out loud! Thats the damn truth.

Little Rock, AR

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    cazzy said:
    This sounds less like Brisket Camp and more like: daydrinkwhilewewatchsghcookanddrinkmore Camp
    TRUE DAT!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @thetrim‌
    Thank you for the very kind words my friend. It has been my honor to be here cooking for such good folks. I have had a heck of a good time. I just wish that every forum member could have been here today. I have had the privilege of shaking hands today with some truley remarkable people. I hope to get to shake everyone's hand in the very near future. Today has been a true honor for me. I just hope that I didn't disappoint or let any one down today with my performance. I gave it what the old man had left in the tank.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    @SGH‌ from the look of things I'm sure you impressed all even more if that's possible.... Fantastic looking cooks and plenty of food.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I've been here all day and still haven't seen @SGH‌.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • thetrim
    Options
    He's a ghost that likes to smoke meat.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@SGH

I have been lurking this thread.  It looks amazing and i'm sure you guys are having a blast.  I have a question, what is the brisket count thus far?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• thetrim
    Options
    My over/under right now is at 7
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just a few more drinks and THIS will be the new 'turbo' cooking. Of course, you STILL will not be able to see @SGH's face....or body..

• thetrim
    Options
    @sgh rocking the smoker.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options

Looks like great food and fellowship going on.

I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • henapple
    Options
    Nola's pastrami brisket coming off soon.
  • SGH
    Options
    @EGGjlmh‌
    16 packers and 4 flats. Also 60 pounds of pork shoulder. It's been rough my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @sgh - you and your big cooker are kickin ass!! I am sure everybodies taste buds are on overload now.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Holy crap, that enough to feed an army!  Or maybe SGH and a few of his buddies... :D

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    @SGH‌ Have any BGE's been used, or is your vertical doing all the work ?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    SGH is signing autographs
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    Brother Matt I am literally wore out my friend. Was certainly glad to come and help but the old man is fixing to turn the remainder of the cooking over to brother Tex. I got 3 flats to complete and SGH and Unit 1 is standing down for the night my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Kazzy I mean Cazzy if you will send me your info I can get you an autograph pic of SGH
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    @tulocay‌
    Unit 1 has performed 95% of the cooking thus far.

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    Options
    tulocay said:

@SGH‌ Have any BGE's been used, or is your vertical doing all the work ?

The eggs have been rolling. Randy cooked 15 gallons of gumbo...I thought we had way too much groceries but damn if it's not going out the drive through. The brisket never gets off the cutting board. ...or a plate.
  • canegger
    Options
    What is going on with the yoder clone? No love?
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome event all around.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @canegger‌
    It hasn't been needed as of yet. I'm letting brother Tex bring it online for the remaining meat. Going to give the big vertical a well deserved break and standing down myself and turning the cooking over a true champion and friend. Brother Tex.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    piney said:

Kazzy I mean Cazzy if you will send me your info I can get you an autograph pic of SGH

As much as I'm dying to have a picture of him in my shitter, I think it's best to pass this time around. Thanks for the offer MF.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • canegger
    Options
    Sounds good wish I was there.
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    That kind of hurt. I really felt that I was the paper and you were well......

Status- Standing by.