Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Question

Options
2»

Comments

• bosborne
    Options
    Very good ideas here. I've been making pizza in the oven, think I'll switch to my Egg (medium). One thing I don't like about the pizza in the oven so far is that it is _hard_. I want it to be chewier, but not soggy, of course. Any thoughts on this? Am I just overcooking it? Or should I make a dough with more water? Or ...?
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    More water in the dough, higher gluten flour, or higher cooking temps may all help. Change one variable at a time to see what works for you.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• gerhardk
    Options
    To get crust to be chewy you will need to add a fat of some sort to the dough, I use olive oil, butter, margarine... will all help. Gerhard
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Fat in the dough is not necessary. It can help, but good gluten development will do the job.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Spizzi
    Options
    I've been tracking the topics for how to make pizza and pizza stones for the BGE. Just wanted to share that I have a Medium BGE and the Weber Pizza Stone is made of CORDIERITE and works perfectly (so far) for me. The stone I have is a smidge over 13" round.