Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Test to make sure my sig contains the link.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    @DMW....Did you just copy and paste the sig liner? I can't get it hilited in my sig. Thanks, Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    OmahaOne said:

shtgunal3 said:

37 folks signed up so far

How can you tell?

It shows the count on the elfster site. We are now up to 40.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Sixpack1‌ I'm interested in doing this but, haven't had time to do much else other than work, eat and sleep. I rather wait to commit than to overextend myself.
    I'll contact ya later @cazzy‌ thanks man.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @dldawes1 Yes, copied from his sig line and paste into your sig. It won't be linked in your sig box. You have to post to test.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    DMW said:

@dldawes1 Yes, copied from his sig line and paste into your sig. It won't be linked in your sig box. You have to post to test.

Yeah...you may need to do it from a computer to hyperlink and highlight the sig.

Thanks for updating yall's sig!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I'm in.  Some people from the previous exchanges may feel short changed because a few of you extremely generous people have set the bar very high.  I've really enjoyed everything I've received in the previous exchanges.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @CarolinaCrazy‌ Brother since you were the first one to request it, if I draw you i will gladly include a 30 pound intact beef deltoid in the box. You have my word my brother.
    EGGods Help me, if I do. I don't know what I'll do with that monster!

Stay out of trouble at Camp.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • cazzy
    Options
    I'm in.  Some people from the previous exchanges may feel short changed because a few of you extremely generous people have set the bar very high.  I've really enjoyed everything I've received in the previous exchanges.
    From my understanding, some got McCormick and KC Masterpiece.  I think most want to get something they've never used before or don't have access too.  I went cray cray because I ran the exchange.  

With a lil effort, there will be a lot of happy people.  I have high hopes!!

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Sadly, I know lots of folks that think mccormick and sweet baby rays wrote the book on bbq. Arkansas ain't well known for bbq, but I'm gonna do my best to give my person some good stuff. This is fun. I'm pretty excited about it.

Little Rock, AR

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    BUMP.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• travisstrick
    Options
    My elf will be very happy. Lots and lots of made in Texas rubs and sauces.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I didn't have a great experience last time but decided to give it a go a second time.  Be ready for some Florida / Caribbean / Cuban BBQ influence
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    Options
    thetrim said:

I didn't have a great experience last time but decided to give it a go a second time.  Be ready for some Florida / Caribbean / Cuban BBQ influence

Pm me please
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I have the best BBQ company in my back yard so hopefully my draw will totally enjoy my basket!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    I'm going all in on North Carolina ONLY products. Y'all better hope I'm your elf.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @carolinacrazy As as bred Texan, I was NEVER a pork guy.... Def NOT a Carolina vinegar guy, but I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.  Anyone will definatly benefit from some Lexington NC love or any NC love at all.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    @thetrim Potatoe-Potato = Brisket-Butt   regional specialties are the spice of life. I just hope to share a little of our neck of the woods.

• cazzy
    Options
    After my post oak haul tonight, my draw is definitely getting some. Lol
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    I was thinking about sending my elf some pecan and hickory.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Going for a 2nd chance 1st try left a bad taste in my mouth
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @cazzy, I think I'm good. I didn't see a place for the phone number though.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Bump

• cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    stemc33 said:

@cazzy, I think I'm good. I didn't see a place for the phone number though.

Either did DMW so you're good. Thanks for joining!!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I had a good shopping session this morning. Found some new local stuff!

I wanted to join in on this but just got a new vehicle this week I need to plate.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Bump
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    44 participants so far

Options
    Bumping again

• flynnbob
    Options
    I haven't made it to my favorite rub / sauce place yet. Had to take Mr Flynn (my pup) to the ER last night - Was having some heart issues and had to be admitted. He should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon - Damn, I love that dog.  I have been able to pick up some good local GA sauces that I like so it will be fun to share with someone out of state.  There will be a good haul of various items from the Flynnbobs.
    Milton, GA.