Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

is there a home version of this game?  I'll be doing my own brisky starting tomorrow night.

No. No there is not.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker boo, hiss.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker boo, hiss.
    We could start a virtual brisket camp for all of us not attending but cooking briskets. But it would suck and we still would be wishing we were in NOLA getting ready for confession on Sunday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    I don't think any of those ladies and gents will be confessing to anything.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Agreed. Confession is for people who don't plan on repeating the actions that others feel they should repent for.

"Confession" and "repent" are not in the centex lexicon.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Where you at Hotch?

Loading up stuff
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    There are two kinds of Eggheads in the world tonight. 

Those in NOLA

Those not
    New Albany, Ohio 

• NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    Our annual company x-mas party has been at Pat O's the past 12 years or so.  We get the balcony on bourbon.  Some coworkers actually bring beads to throw and work the crowd.  I skipped the first one ever because I had some kick butt seats to a basketball game.  Totally worth it.

They were good seats. What time is everything going down tomorrow?
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    New Orleans: The Eagle has landed.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Whoop whoop! Come to the Roosevelt. Stat. Shits gittin weird up in here
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

Hello, my name is BLIND and I have a egging problem.

I thought checking out pictures of what other people cooked for dinner was a little odd.

Now I've spent 20 minutes reading a thread about going to New Orleans to cook brisket and I'm jealous.

GD egg.  I'm going home to make some smoke.  Have a great time down there, and it didn't happen unless we see pics!!!

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    When do the first briskets go on?  Where's everybody going for dinner?  They keep having ads on TV about visiting New Orleans.  TORTURING ME!! lol  

Luckily, most "true Eggers" are very well versed in EWD (Egging While Drunk)! 
    :-S X_X ^:)^
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    One must be EWD to placate SWMBO. 

Just sayin'
    New Albany, Ohio 

• BobsBGE
    Options
    I'm still waiting for pictures of the activities.  I'd have come for the festivities if I didn't have a family dinner planned Sunday and can't believe all the fun I'll be missing.  Went to Tulane University and I still fondly remember laying in the gutters around the Quarter after fun filled day and night partying.  Pics please.
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Don't expect many comms from NOLA this evening... Everyone must post bail first...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Agreed. Confession is for people who don't plan on repeating the actions that others feel they should repent for. "Confession" and "repent" are not in the centex lexicon.
    Just sayin.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• DMW
    Options
    Agreed. Confession is for people who don't plan on repeating the actions that others feel they should repent for. "Confession" and "repent" are not in the centex lexicon.
    Ok, confess was the wrong term, I meant brag.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    It's on
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    henapple said:

It's on

henapple said:

It's on

Is it? Are you here?
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Cen-Tex
    Hey how ya like the Roosevelt ? Drink any sazeracs yet?
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

henapple said:

It's on

henapple said:

It's on

Is it? Are you here?
    Hanging with nola
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    We're in from the desert. See all ya all tomorrow!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    TigerTony said:

@Cen-Tex

Sazeracs are yummy. CT enjoyed quite a few.
  • DMW
    Options
    I hate all y'all. I hope you forget to fire the smokers and only have cheese and crackers to eat tomorrow.

Here's my little contribution to brisket camp. I'm sure it will suck and I'll find some dogs that won't eat it.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    DMW said:

I hate all y'all. I hope you forget to fire the smokers and only have cheese and crackers to eat tomorrow.

Here's my little contribution to brisket camp. I'm sure it will suck and I'll find some dogs that won't eat it.

I had the wife pick me up a Prime packer before she came into town. It's not going to suck!! :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    Options
    @cazzy I'll bet it was only .99/#. Mine is SAB from RD and was 3.99/#. Now I hate you too.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• cazzy
    Options
    DMW said:

@cazzy I'll bet it was only .99/#. Mine is SAB from RD and was 3.99/#. Now I hate you too.

$3.79# hah!
  • cazzy
    Options
    DMW said:

Btw...Superior Angus Beef is a good brisket.

Lil known fact. The first brisket Franklin Barbecue used was SAB. This was when he first launched his trailer. Not too long after that, he switched to Meyer's Natural Angus. Now he's cooking Creekstone Black Angus Beef (also natural and hormone free).
  • DMW
    Options
    @cazzy Yep, I pay a bit more at RD to get SAB instead of Choice, seems to be worth it to me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lakewade
    Options
    @Cen-Tex
    Sazeracs are yummy. CT enjoyed quite a few.

Understatements are underrated.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.