Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    This was the haul I sent someone last year.  He was easy because he was from Canada and didn't have access to most stuff.  This is also the 2nd package I sent him because the first was stolen after it cleared customs.  I don't expect you to do this, but I expect yall to BRING IT!!!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    cazzy said:
    This was the haul I sent someone last year.  He was easy because he was from Canada and didn't have access to most stuff.  This is also the 2nd package I sent him because the first was stolen after it cleared customs.  I don't expect you to do this, but I expect yall to BRING IT!!!

@cazzy Nice touch with the "What A Burger" squeeze bottles.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    TigerTony said:

cazzy said:

ATTENTION:

Talking to some peeps that are not participating because they feel they got the raw end of the deal the last few exchanges.  I challenge all of you to get creative and give your draw something that you would love to open.  If everyone goes above and beyond with this, it will really make the exchange that much better.  

Thanks again!

My package will be so creative that I hope I draw myself.

Careful, you'll go blind doing that.

Little Rock, AR

• flynnbob
    Options
    Are we going to try and match people up that are not close to each other?  I would be glad to help if needed.  Heading out on Sat to my favorite rub store.
    Milton, GA.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I hope my draw gives up some good ideas. I don't have a lot of access to different BBQ stuffs that you guys cant already get down there. We have lots of maple Syrup.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Can't wait. My guy or gal surely won't be let down!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    I'm In! Can't wait to get started!

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    hondabbq said:

I hope my draw gives up some good ideas. I don't have a lot of access to different BBQ stuffs that you guys cant already get down there. We have lots of maple Syrup.

That's great. Maple syrup is great on pork and salmon. Think outside the box.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    Options
    flynnbob said:

Are we going to try and match people up that are not close to each other?  I would be glad to help if needed.  Heading out on Sat to my favorite rub store.

We can set up draw restrictions. We did it last time and were able to keep people within the state from exchanging with eachother.
  • Stoogie
    Stoogie Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm in!
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    hondabbq said:

@hondabbq‌ - I was in the same boat, I did not want to join because of limited local selection. I finally had a few ideas so I decided to join. Then...my draw had restrictions (no msg, natural flavoring) so I had to get back to the drawing board. It allowed me to discover new local (or almost local) rubs that I did not know existed before the exchange. Those rubs are now on my regular rotation.

hondabbq said:

Last time I sent some mexican jalipino stuffed olives and candied jalipino slices. I think unique food stuff that can be used during an egg cook is just fine.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm sending potted meat ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I think I'm in! Damn that sites a little confusing. @cazzy‌ thanks for putting this together, please let me know if I did anything wrong.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    @SGH I'm hoping you get me and can send me a clod on dry ice.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    37 folks signed up so far

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I am in, I have been traveling all week. Thanks Cazzy, I missed the last one but looking forward to this.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@cazzy Am I supposed to get RSVP's from efster? I have a few so far.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • OmahaOne
    Options
    I'm in. Question: I know the Blog URL is a web address, do I need to fill it in and if so with what?
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • cazzy
    Options
    Hotch said:

@cazzy Am I supposed to get RSVP's from efster? I have a few so far.

I don't see a setting to turn that off.  It may be a setting on your end that you need to turn off. 

I already turned off notifications for birthday announcements.
  • cazzy
    Options
    OmahaOne said:
    I'm in. Question: I know the Blog URL is a web address, do I need to fill it in and if so with what?
    I didn't enter anything for blog URL.  Skip that.
  • SGH
    Options
    @CarolinaCrazy‌
    Brother since you were the first one to request it, if I draw you i will gladly include a 30 pound intact beef deltoid in the box. You have my word my brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• OmahaOne
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    37 folks signed up so far
    How can you tell?
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm gonna try to hunt down a lot of local stuff here in arkansas, but also just some common stuff that I enjoy. I think someone will be pleased with my basket.

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    Options

I'm gonna try to hunt down a lot of local stuff here in arkansas, but also just some common stuff that I enjoy. I think someone will be pleased with my basket.

That's what I like to hear! ;)
  • cazzy
    Options
    One thing I encourage yall to do is look up your draw's handle here and get to know them a lil bit. See what they like to cook to get some ideas. That will help you tailor a care package for their cooking style.
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Can we give anything or is something's off limits. I had the idea to give a few hundred pounds of various oak woods from South Ms. along with various spices. A lot of folks have never tried the various white oaks. Also going to throw in a little farm raised beef and goat meat. If I draw you I'm giving grief, misery and tar and feathers ;)

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

@cazzy‌
    Can we give anything or is something's off limits. I had the idea to give a few hundred pounds of various oak woods from South Ms. along with various spices. A lot of folks have never tried the various white oaks. Also going to throw in a little farm raised beef and goat meat. If I draw you I'm giving grief, misery and tar and feathers ;)

Feel free to give whatever you'd like. For food safety reasons, I encourage not to send homebrew rubs or sauces. Everything else is game on...even deceit, vengeance, fairies and baby unicorns.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I'm in ! Better late than never !!! Sounds fun ! Thanks for setting up the event !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    @CAZZY....I couldn't figure out how to hilite the tag line from your signature.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!